Awesome Price on Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Diallo B, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

If anyone is in the market for a nice sized hard drive compusa has a 160 gb/8mb cache/7200 rpm maxtor on sale for 69.00 this week. WITH NO REBATES.

they were out of stock when i went today. sale started yesterday. but i got office depot to price match.

2. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

I just bought a 160GB drive from compusa for $110.93

I wonder where they were hiding that one at (LOL)

mebbe I need to go back and get one of those [​IMG]

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I picked up a Maxtor 300GB 16MB cache for $149.99 (no rebates) at Office Depot on Sunday. I'm at the point where capacity/hard drive is a little more important than just GB/$$$. I'm running out of places to put all my HDs in my PC.

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

*laugh* Patrick, I know what you mean. I just finished upgrading the array in mine today.. went from 3*250G to 4*400G, just running out of space; I still boot to a 74G WD, but I figure this should be enough for a while.

It's that damn media center crap; once you discover you can just keep entire seasons of shows on a hard drive on your network and dial it up on demand, you get used to it [​IMG]

5. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

Just went and bought one of the 300 Giggers [​IMG]

May be in for a 2nd one at that price [​IMG]

6. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

on a side note:

this comment

made me go buy a tv tuner card. i bought an ati tv wonder pro card that will be 50 bux once i get my rebate. perhaps i need to go buy another one of those hd's considering the above comments.

after my latest addition i now have just over 400gb's of space. but now i feel inadequate looking at folks with 1.5+ terrabytes of space. how do you back up 1.5 terrabytes of space!???!

7. DaveNel

DaveNel Second Unit

Well (LOL) I took that 160 GB back and went and bought
    a 2nd 300 Gigger, I wont run outa room for a while.. But
    these programs get much bigger I will need 10 of them [​IMG]

8. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

I got an external IDE enclosure so I could use hard drives as removable media. It's very nice to not have to worry about the capacity of my case and motherboard, and shop solely on price per GB. Of course, I use the space for long term storage so fast access isn't an issue.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I also picked up an external USB HD enclosure for $21 last month, and popped in a cheap $50 200GB HD I picked up on a black Friday sale at Fry's. I'm using that combo for backing up the stuff I wanted backed up, and for porting stuff to/from my 2 PCs (not networked, and didn't want to deal with networking them) and for carrying stuff on the HD to my parents.