Awesome picture out of box, ... should I still set convergence?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenWW, Jan 4, 2003.

1. BenWW

BenWW Auditioning

After having trouble with my first two 53" Panasonic tv's, this third one has an amazing picture out of the box, much better than the first two. I have disabled SVM, and have set all the display settings. Should I bother setting the convergence in the setup menu? The picture is really good, and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    You should at least check the convergence even if you don't change it. Certainly, it will drift during your first month.

My set looked quite good out of the box also, but I found the convergence could use a little touch up. And yes, it did drift some over the course of the month since I've had it. I also did a little e-focus recently although I'm not sure it made any real difference. Might try m-focus next since my horizontal focus doesn't look good.

_Man_

3. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

If your picture is amazing/awesome now, it'll be "amazing-er" and "awesome-er" if you touch up the convergence! [​IMG]
    Chances are after taking the ride in the back of a delivery truck the convergence is going to be off a bit at the very least.
    KJP