What's new

Awesome picture out of box, ... should I still set convergence? (1 Viewer)

BenWW

Auditioning
After having trouble with my first two 53" Panasonic tv's, this third one has an amazing picture out of the box, much better than the first two. I have disabled SVM, and have set all the display settings. Should I bother setting the convergence in the setup menu? The picture is really good, and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You should at least check the convergence even if you don't change it. Certainly, it will drift during your first month.

My set looked quite good out of the box also, but I found the convergence could use a little touch up. And yes, it did drift some over the course of the month since I've had it. I also did a little e-focus recently although I'm not sure it made any real difference. Might try m-focus next since my horizontal focus doesn't look good.

_Man_

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If your picture is amazing/awesome now, it'll be "amazing-er" and "awesome-er" if you touch up the convergence! :)
Chances are after taking the ride in the back of a delivery truck the convergence is going to be off a bit at the very least.
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks