What's new

Awesome Christmas Light Video (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hmmmm...without watching, I'll bet a cookie that this is the same video that already has at least two other threads started about it. :)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
But, I must say...if there's anything that was ever worthy of 3 separate threads here, it's THAT video... :D

I downloaded it, and I watch it at least once every day. That thing ROCKS!

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter (from their CD THE LOST CHRISTMAS EVE)

Since I discovered this track (via this video), I've checked out some of their other material...it is amazing. Do yourself a favor and check them out. I started with the CD mentioned above.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Beethoven's Last Night is a great Trans-Siberian Orchestra album.

If you are into progressive rock ala Dream Theater I recommend a group called Savatage, which is made up of many of the TSO members.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
An update, with new info:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

The update includes:

-- a link to instructions (from Williams himself) explaining how to recreate the display

-- audio and video interviews with Williams (and family). The video interview is from The Today Show, and it includes clearer footage of the display in action (night-time AND day-time views)

-- a link to another of his displays (nowhere near as impressive, IMO).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
There was a news item today that the guy that created the light display, Carson Williams, was asked to shut down his light display due to an accident that occured from all the traffic trooping by the house.

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
Day after I read this the guy two house down from put up all most hte exact same thing. It's great we don't have to go anywhere to look at good lights. I don't think anybody knows about it yet as traffic isn't up at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks