What's new

AVRs with wireless rear speaker support (1 Viewer)

edee_em

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eddie Marano
In my search for a new AVR I've come across some that include a feature for "rear wireless speaker support". Does anyone have some knowledge on this feature? Is it just a matter of buying some compatible speakers and adding them or is there more equipment needed, etc.?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sorry for the delay, for some reason my email notification for new threads got sent to a junk mail folder.

But basically, yes – compatible speakers are needed. The problem is, every manufacturer has a closed system, and the only “compatible” speakers are the ones they offer. Typically these will be speakers with built-in wireless receivers and amplifiers. Thus, they need to be plugged into a wall outlet to operate.

Obviously, these speakers aren’t going to be considered high-end. If you have a really nice system and want high-quality rear speakers of your choosing, it will require additional equipment. Do a search for “wireless speakers for surround sound don’t ask it’s a mess” to find an article that explores the topic extensively.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RGG
Recent bookmarks