What's new

AVR8000 does not do Logic7 from 5.1 sources. (1 Viewer)

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I have the model in question and even though I have parrotted the fact that it does as it's big brother Lexicon does, it does not, or at least I cannot find "any" reference to it in the manual. :angry:
If it can, would someone like to post what the procedure is?
I have acheived logic 7.1 from DVDs but it comes from the 2 channel feed, not the 5.1 feed.
Anyone done this?
John

AntonS

Stunt Coordinator
It does L7 on top of DD 5.1 just fine. After you switch to L7, check out the speaker settings again. I think H/K keeps all settings separate for every mode, so it may have reset itself to 2 speakers after you turned on L7. I'm not sure if it's really the case, but check anyway. It should work.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
:D
GOT IT!! ;)
Even though the manual actually tells you it cannot be done, All you have to do is start a 5.1 source and once it is started, press the Logic-7 button.
There is an interuption in sound, then the back two speakers show up on the display. Since they are systhesized they do not have little white letters in them.
I "toured" each of the speakers to make sure they were on and they are playing loud and clear.
So I guess, even though the manual says "NO" the receiver says yes.
It does sound pretty impressive. :emoji_thumbsup:
Regards
John

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Page 29.
In some cases it is possible to combine surround mode techniques. For example, you may select THX or Logic 7 processing with a Dolby Digital, DTS or analog input source.
Also most DVD's menu's sound is ProLogic so during that part Logic 7 and the front display will show only 2 channel decoding. I just leave my 8000 set to Logic 7 and once the 5.1 signal kicks in it's decoded automaticly into 7.1 with Logic 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks