1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

AVR8000 Digital (PCM) Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Scott Stegner, May 25, 2003.

1. Scott Stegner

I just noticed that my AVR8000 is not working with plain digital (PCM) signals. Whenever a pure digital signal is input, the receiver decoder indicator locks, i.e., left and right channel are locked and white, but I do not get any audio output. I first noticed this on my HD directv receiver. I was only getting audio out on Dolby digital channels. Whenever I would switch to a channel that was not DD, I lost the audio. At first I thought this was a directv receiver issue, but then I tried a CD in my DVD player and had the same issue. DD DVD's work fine. Audio CD's, Audiotron output etc. do not. I did a master reset, but it was no help. Any ideas before I send it to the shop? Anyone know what the warranty time frame is on these?

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

I always thought that the best way to pass digital signals is via bitsream, not PCM.

3. Scott Stegner

Yea, I may be confused, I have the DVD player setup to output bitstream. I believe that when you play CD’s it defaults back to basic PCM. I am not sure, all I know is that Dolby Digital decoding works fine, but CD’s and channels on my sat system that are not in DD result in a state that shows the receiver decoding, but I do not get audio out.