What's new

AVR520 and PA2000 6 and 8 Channel Direct Inputs????? (1 Viewer)

Bob-E

Auditioning
I just purchased the following HK Components:

AVR520
PA2000
DVD50
FL8380

I’m not sure I understand the purpose 6-Channel and 8-Channel Direct Inputs. I’m using the PA2000 to power my FL and FR towers and then connected the SBR and SBL preamp outputs to the FL and FR Amplifier Inputs. I connected the DVD audio using an optical cable and the CD player using a digital coax. Do I not have this set up right? When or why would I use the 6-Channel or 8-Channel Direct Inputs?

Thanks!

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
You would use the 6 or 8 channel direct inputs to bypass the digital processing of the HK 520. You could connect the analog outputs from a SACD player or DVD-Audio player, the 2 new hi-rez music formats. You could also connect any 2 channel source you didn't want to digitize like a turntable (you would have to have a phono stage of course) or maybe the analog outputs from a top notch CD player where the CD player may have better DAC's than the receiver. I don't really see anything in your equipment list that would benefit from this unless the DVD50 has DVD-Audio capability.

Bob-E

Auditioning
Thanks Charles,

So your saying that it would be better to use these analog inputs rather than an optical or digital coax as long as the component I am connecting has better DAC's than the reciver?

Would you use these inputs instead of the optical cable for DVD movies as well, or justAudio CD's played through the DVD player?

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
You have it hooked up right... (I was gonna write a bunch more, then thought that would only make it confusing)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks