What's new

AVR for Klipsch RF 82 II, advice needed (1 Viewer)

Klipscher

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Steve
Hi, fellow HTers....I'm getting a Klipsch RF 82 II 5.0 soon, now I'm in a dilemma choosing an AVR to drive the speakers.I can get a Yamaha RX-A1030 at the same price as Pioneer LX-57. The pioneer is pack with features compare to the Yamaha. But reading reviews online i'm worry to pair the Pio with the Klipsch. I hate harsch and bright sounding system. But I dont really know if the Klipsch RF82 II paired with the LX-57 would be bright or just nice.Anyone with input pls just chip in....

Klipscher

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Steve
Ohh I mean I dont like overly bright sounds that it hurt my ears...that's why I'm worry to just get any avr that might cause the sibilance even worst. As for Klipsch I like the sounds just dont want to get it to the point of ear fatigue..

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Andrew Steve :)

I love them both but I would try the Pioneer first. Not sure about the Yamaha 1030 but in my research of my current Yamaha 3010 many found it to be a bit "bright" on the highs. I must admit thats not been my experience with the Yamaha but then Ive then never read anything like that about the SC-57 either. Matter of fact reviews are so good it really intrigues me about the Pioneers. From ownership Im impressed with Yamaha but likely it will eventually be replaced with Pioneer, all the reviews Ive read about their sound quality are just that impressive.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Theoretically speaking, YPAO has a better chance of dialing in the horn over MCACC. Curious why the "notoriously warm" Denon And Onkyo aren't included.

Klipscher

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Steve
Becos it thus happen that only this two are price within my budget...the Onkyo and Denon would have been included have they been on the same price...and if only they are available....interesting enought i'm bought by the price and features of the Pioneer LX-57....though I dont even have the chance to audit them...

Klipscher

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Steve
Yeap...in my place I can get the LX57 at RM4699 and the RX-A1030 at RM4674 which is in RM (Malaysian RInggit) 1 USD = RM3.20 and that's my budget for the AVR....Will not go higher than RM5K...problem is I dont have much options....after surveying around town (just a small town)...only these two are available..

Klipscher

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Steve
schan1269 said:
That is why you add a location to your info.

I assumed you were in Europe
Really sorry for that....will update later...and thanks so much for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.