What's new

AVR-430 vs DA3000 vs V2400 (1 Viewer)

Josh Duve

Grip
Ok guys, I know these receivers have been discussed many times before, but I think I have made my decision and before I purchase it tomorrow, I wanted to get one last responses on this.

Which is the better Rec'v for my speaker setup? I am looking to spend about $900 and I found all 3 around that price.

- H/K AVR-7200
- Sony STR-DA3000
- Yamaha RX-V2400

Speakers:
Fronts - B&W 602 S2
Rears - B&W LM1
Center - B&W LCR6 S2
Sub - Sunfire True Signature

Thanks guys!

BTW - I leaning towards the Yami.

Josh Duve

Grip
Nobody has a comment?

It's really down to the Yami V2400 and the H/K 7200.

I have listened to both and still cant decide.

80% Movies/ 20% Music

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
I own the 7200 and am very happy so far. The Yam appears to have more features if that is a bonus for you. Video upconversion, YPAO, and several more DSP modes. If you are going to use these features get the Yammie. Did you notice any difference in the sound of these two receivers? I also have a Yam RXV640 and decided to purchase the H/K because the Yam just didn't match well with the new PSB's in my room. The sound if definitely different between these two. Both are good pieces and you wouldn't do bad with either one.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Since you're more into movies, definitely go for the Yamaha. If you were more music, I'd say go for the Harman Kardon. All the different DSP modes on the Yamaha are really a plus when watching movies, and the 2400 has plenty of power, is very detailed and crisp, and has tons and tons of tweakable settings (equalization, tone control, speaker size/distance/levels, 5-6 parameters for each DSP mode, many DSP modes, etc)

Josh Duve

Grip
I got the V2400 today. Man is that thing awesome! Thanks for helping me decide guys. Now to finish tweaking it.

Anyone try Bi-Wiring their speakers? Any benefit?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks