What's new

AvP SE (no flames, please) (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I am one of the few who really enjoyed this film, and have been holding off buying the current version due to rumors of a special edition being prepared by FOX. This seems to have been "confirmed" (a confirmed rumor...?!?) by The Digital Bits in their AvP review:

And I had heard somewhere that this was being planned for a March-April release. Has anybody heard anything?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I bought the current dvd blind and I really enjoyed it. If an SE or DC is coming, I'll double-dip.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I also would double-dip this flick. Just watched the current disc yesterday and me and my 2 boys really enjoyed it for what it was, a popcorn flick.
Todd

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
The region 2 disc is released on 7th March and has the following extras.

* Disc 1:
* Audio commentary from director Paul W.S. Anderson with stars Lance Henriksen and Sanaa Lathan
* Audio commentary from Special Effects Team members Alec Gillis, Tom Woodruff and John Bruno
* 'Inside Look' at the films 'Hide And Seek', 'Elektra' and 'Robots'
* Disc 2:
* Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary
* HBO special programme
* 'Conception' featurette
* 'Visual Effects' featurette
* 'ADI (Special Effects) Workshop' featurette
* 'Monsters In Miniature' featurette
* The 'Making Of' Alien vs Predator
* 'The Biggest Match-Up Of All Time' clips
* 'Tom The Alien Actor' featurette
* Facehuggers and Eggs
* Trouble at the mouth of the tunnel
* Storyboard gallery
* Conceptual art gallery
* Alien vs Predator - The Comic Book
* Miniature whaling station

Not sure if they are getting ported over for the region 1 release.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
What I had read was that Anderson filmed with an 'R' rating in mind, in keeping with the two parent franchises, and that FOX came in three weeks prior to release demanding a 'PG-13' rating. As a result, the film was hacked to make it more box-office friendly. Among the casualties was the explanation of the accelerated alien life cycle (the captive queen being pumped full of hormones). I am not so much interested in more extras as I am having this excised material (I think about 30 min) added back in. On the other hand, this all may be unsubstanciated rumor (though I think the bit about the hormones came from an interview with Anderson). Or, maybe it is just hopeful thinking..... I may just go out and get the current release, then double-dip if and when a DC shows up.... :alien:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Why would anyone flame you, Derek? I mean you like what you like. I really like this film too and would buy a SE when released.

I didn't care for the film after I saw it in the theater, I expected too much from it. However it's really grown on me on DVD, just as I suspected it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks