What's new

**Avoid at all costs** Follow That Bird... (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Follow That Bird was probably filmed open matte at 1.33:1 and then composed for 1.33:1 AND 1.85:1 aspect ratios.

The filmmakers at the time probably knew the film would get more exposure on TV, so they filmed it 1.33:1 safe.

99.9% of 1.33:1 transfers of 1.85:1 films have the entire frame exposed, not cropped on the sides like an anamorphic or wide gauge film (VistaVision, 70mm, etc).

I still think it was lazy of WB to not make this a dual-layer or double-sided disc with both versions.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
March 26th is the correct street date.

The DVD came with an updated press release.

I am in the middle of writing up a review.

It ain't pretty!

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the update Ron.

I just wonder what came out on February 5th. It was even in the Best Buy ad as a new release sale.

So much for my wishful thinking.

Looking forward to the comments in your review.

-Chad

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
March 26th is the correct street date.
That's funny, Ron...because Best Buy not only had it on 2/5, they had it on sale and advertised in their weekly ad!
As you can see by my earlier post in this thread, I got to that Tuesday to pick it up among other things, they had no stock, so I got a raincheck. When I verified that the edition they were selling was MAR, I tore up the raincheck and mailed the pieces to WB. Not Josh, as I stated I would, because I couldn't locate his address I had separately. So I mailed it attn: VP of Warner Home Video. I included a polite letter informing him of why I didn't want this item at any price if it wasn't OAR.
I never got a response, I might add. Who knows if the mailroom delivered it to the right person? Who knows if they cared when they read it? Wanna take bets as to which it was? I'll take Option "B" for a gazillion dollars, Bob!
Anyway, if everyone broke street date by over a month and a half, then that's just funny and oddly sensible to get a MAR item that early, compared to how long we waited for OAR copies of Wonka and C&D. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks