What's new

Aviator Bonus Disc: Wal Mart??? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
OK so has anyone been able to find the 3 disc version of the Aviator at Wal-Mart? Apparently they're the only ones with the exclusive bonus disc and none of the Wally Worlds near me has it. Anyone pick it up?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I got it. I haven't even made it through the 2nd disc so the 3rd hasn't even seen the inside of my player but I have it right here and this is what's listed on the back:

Bonus Disc with Special Documentary Footage.
2 EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS:

Howard Hughes: A Brief Biography
Contains interviews with Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, Michael Mann and others.

A Red Carpet Extravaganza
"The Aviator" film Premieres from around the world (US, London, Rome & Berlin). Red Carpet Interviews with Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, Alan Alda, Cate Blanchette, Kate Beckinsale, Gwen Stefani and others.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
I opted for the bonus disc from Wal-Mart as well. The regular 2 disc version was 15.96, the bonus was just another 4 bucks so I figured it was worth it. I haven't gotten into the extra's on either disc yet, though I am looking forward to the documentary extras on both the 2nd and 3rd disc about Howard Hughes. I knew virtually nothing of Hughes before seeing the movie, and it really peaked my interest in a man that seemed to accomplish an incredible amount in his life while battling such a difficult disorder. It will be interesting to see what he was really like, and how realisticly or not for that matter the film depicted him.

With that said, I'm still not sure how I feel about the actual film. Last night was my first viewing, and it left me feeling kind of bland. I can certainly appreciate Scorsese's work, but with the exception of Goodfellas, none of his work has WOWed me after the first viewing. I find it usually takes me repeat viewings to take everything in and really appreciate everything that is going on in a Scorsese film.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Could anyone pick me up a copy of the 3 disc set while it's still on sale? none of the wal-marts near me have it :frowning:

or.....do Jeff or Bill have a DVD burner? :)
I've already purchased the regular version from Best Buy and wasn't even aware of this version.

George See

Second Unit
My walmart had a ton of these last night...did you ask at your store if they had it? Because the ones I saw were nowheres near the dvd section they were in a seperate free standing display on the other side of the store from the dvds.

I had already bought the regular version though so i can't really comment on the extra disc. However it sounds like i'm really not missing much. That being said can anyone recomend a good written biography on Howard?

CraigL

Screenwriter
George,

My parents asked at every Wal Mart they went to and none of the people even knew what they were talking about.

CraigL

Screenwriter
oooh...wow. hadn't seen that. I'm hoping someone can pick up for me at the $15 price. *bats eyelashes*

Kain_C

Screenwriter

Like someone else said, the 3 disc set is about $20. I didn't even know about it either. Dammit.

George See

Second Unit

Defintly not mine, the version without the bonus was 14.99 in my walmart and with the bonus was 19.99. Guess it just depends on where you live I can only assume walmart is competing to have the lowest price in town.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Prices and availability vary from store to store.

At my local Walmart in Clovis, CA, the regular widescreen release was $16.79 and the bonus version was only $16.99, but had to search a long time to find the bonus pack in widescreen, scads of fullscreen though.

At that particular WalMart the bonus pack versions are usually fullscreen only so I considered myself lucky to find one in widescreen at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks