What's new

AVIA - Which DVD to buy (1 Viewer)

AndyNel

Auditioning
Can anyone offer some advice on which AVIA calibration DVD to buy. "AVIA: Guide to Home Theater" looks to be much more in-depth, but runs $49.95. "Sound and Vision HT Tune-up" looks like it includes the essential calibrations and runs $19.95. Price isn't really a concern, but I don't want to spend $50 if I don't need to. I'm looking to do a comprehensive calibration on my HT system (audio and video).

TIA for any help. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but my search returned a thousand posts and don't have the time to wade thru them all. :)

Thanks again..

Andy

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
My recommendation is:

Digital Video Essentials is good, has a lot of tests, but is a bit obtuse and difficult to navigate. It is sort of the "techy" version-- but might frustrate those who are looking for the basics or dan't get the workings of dvd navigation.

S&V is made by Ovation, the AVIA people, targeted at the beginner- very simple, half the tests are removed, easy navigation, simple instructions- but lacking in more advanced tests and calibration tools.

Avia is the middle ground- not as much stuff as DVE, but easier to navigate and understand.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=175870
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=176906

Tommy L

Auditioning
Andy...check out eBay for the Avia Guide to Home Theater...just picked it up on a Buy It Now...$34.95 with free shipping...best price that I have found!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks