AVIA - Which DVD to buy

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by AndyNel, Jan 8, 2004.

1. AndyNel

AndyNel Auditioning

Can anyone offer some advice on which AVIA calibration DVD to buy. "AVIA: Guide to Home Theater" looks to be much more in-depth, but runs $49.95. "Sound and Vision HT Tune-up" looks like it includes the essential calibrations and runs $19.95. Price isn't really a concern, but I don't want to spend $50 if I don't need to. I'm looking to do a comprehensive calibration on my HT system (audio and video).

TIA for any help. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but my search returned a thousand posts and don't have the time to wade thru them all. [​IMG]

Thanks again..

Andy

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

My recommendation is:

Digital Video Essentials is good, has a lot of tests, but is a bit obtuse and difficult to navigate. It is sort of the "techy" version-- but might frustrate those who are looking for the basics or dan't get the workings of dvd navigation.

S&V is made by Ovation, the AVIA people, targeted at the beginner- very simple, half the tests are removed, easy navigation, simple instructions- but lacking in more advanced tests and calibration tools.

Avia is the middle ground- not as much stuff as DVE, but easier to navigate and understand.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=175870
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=176906

3. AndyNel

AndyNel Auditioning

Thanks Vince - That clears things up!

4. Tommy L

Tommy L Auditioning

Andy...check out eBay for the Avia Guide to Home Theater...just picked it up on a Buy It Now...$34.95 with free shipping...best price that I have found!!!