What's new

Avia Test Disc Woes (1 Viewer)

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Eek! my Avia is cracking at the hub! I've read several threads complaining about how hard it can be to remove DVD's from their hubs, but this is the first time I've experienced actual damage. The disc still plays, so for now, I guess I'll just find a safe spot to leave the disc loose in the case, lying on it's side. Bummer:frowning:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just curious: Any problems taking other DVDs out of their cases? Oddly, after all these years, Disc One of the Star Trek: The Next Generation Season One boxset was next to impossible for me to remove from the case. Ended up breaking the retaining spindle. None of the other discs in the set nor the Season Two boxset have been difficult to remove.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Off the top of my head, Fawlty Towers and Twin Peaks Season One are rather tight, but no damage yet. The Avia has seen much more use though, so time will tell.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Dave, I had this happen to my Avia disc after being removed from the case only about 8 times. I have over 450 other DVD's, so I'm very careful about removing discs... and I e-mailed the folks at Ovation Software and told them so. They sent me out a new copy of Avia with no problems. You might try going to their website and letting them know the problem you're having. Needless to say, I was very impressed at how quickly they sent me a replacement disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks