Avia Test Disc Woes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Kalloch, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Eek! my Avia is cracking at the hub! I've read several threads complaining about how hard it can be to remove DVD's from their hubs, but this is the first time I've experienced actual damage. The disc still plays, so for now, I guess I'll just find a safe spot to leave the disc loose in the case, lying on it's side. Bummer[​IMG]

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Just curious: Any problems taking other DVDs out of their cases? Oddly, after all these years, Disc One of the Star Trek: The Next Generation Season One boxset was next to impossible for me to remove from the case. Ended up breaking the retaining spindle. None of the other discs in the set nor the Season Two boxset have been difficult to remove.

3. Dave Kalloch

Off the top of my head, Fawlty Towers and Twin Peaks Season One are rather tight, but no damage yet. The Avia has seen much more use though, so time will tell.

4. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

Dave, I had this happen to my Avia disc after being removed from the case only about 8 times. I have over 450 other DVD's, so I'm very careful about removing discs... and I e-mailed the folks at Ovation Software and told them so. They sent me out a new copy of Avia with no problems. You might try going to their website and letting them know the problem you're having. Needless to say, I was very impressed at how quickly they sent me a replacement disc.

5. Dave Kalloch

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up!