What's new

Avia sux BAD!!! (1 Viewer)

igroucho

Auditioning
I have contacted Avia twice over a year - at least - to find some info on possible upgrades I might be eligable of the Pro package (I seem to recall that they promised complementary DVDs to their early release) and they just don't give a damn to respond!!!
THIS IS A WARNING: Do not expect ANY form of support from AVia should you need one you're out in the cold!

/Pissed off customer of their Pro-package.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
I am not sure what you are asking?
You have a standard edition and want an upgrade to pro?
Or, you have the Pro edition and want upgrades??

igroucho

Auditioning
Gregg, I don't understand how my post could be misinterpreted. I wrote: "upgrades .... OF the Pro package" - not TO, and signed "p.o. customer OF their Pro package". Yes, I OWN/BOUGHT the Pro version, a heavy plastic box w numerous dvds. At that time - I was what you'd call an early adopter and I got the notion, somehow, that in order to finally be able to ship this long awaited package they did so w/o 1 or 2 dvds intended for the initial release but they couldn't complete in any foreseen time. Dvds which you could apply for at a later time when/if they were released.
Whatever, I think that it's inexcusable not to give any response AT ALL to polite, simple inquires. I gave my serial# so it was plain to see I was a customer eligable for support.
They have no problem tending to contacts when it comes to selling, basic support thou, aint their priority.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi

I fully understand now, you dont want any upgrades, just the discs available in the final release. You will need to contact Ovation software.

Here is some contact information for you.
AVIA Phone: 740-373-6212 or 1-800-572-3917
[email protected]

Feel free to email me directly for further assistance, if the above information doesnt work for you.

Gregg
[email protected]

igroucho

Auditioning
Update: It's been 12 days now (5th of July) that I sent an email to [email protected]:
Subject: I have asked before and I'll try once more.
There is a document enclosed w my Avia Pro stating that the buyer of the package is eligable to additional discs free of charge. I wonder if all discs are ready to ship and if so I would like to have them sent.
Serial number: XXXXXXXX

I still have no reply! My guess is that Ovation is breaking down and soon will announce they're out of business. They have nothing to ship - look at their website: Out of stock!
Keep you updated!

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

I've found that sending emails doesn't do a whole lot of good at any company. You usually get a canned response or form letter email back. Sometimes you are directed to call in that follow-up email. My suggestion, if you haven't called you need to do so. If not, then I can't feel sorry for you. The only things out of stock on their site appears to be the OpticOne and the bundle that includes the OpticOne. That means they are out of one item, not going out of business. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you are only out to hurt their business and not really interested in any kind of resolution.

igroucho

Auditioning
Excuse me being Swedish and used to swedish companies having email-adresses on their websites not being dummies but for real world contact means. I don't know why I shall have to pay for overseas telephone calls and take up my valuable time to fit in with american local times. And you don't have to pity me, that wasn't my intention. Sure my intention was to let everyone pondering to aquire Avia Pro know about the lousy support they give.
I have the right on my side as a customer in this case and I wont shed a tear for a company not tending to their paying customers. But, hey, that's just who I am. You, Jeremy, have your values and customs and my guess is you don't have to rely on ovation multimedia support.
Still haven't heard from them btw...

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
You are still sounding like the most important thing is to try to hurt their reputation, not find a resolution for your problems. Sending an email is the equivalent of saying "its not VERY important to me" to a business. If you haven't called them, I still feel no pity. They probably don't even understand what you are asking, which is why getting them on the phone is going to get more accomplished than you have in the year of emails (which I guess you said means two). That is another layer of "its not very important to me" on top of things.

igroucho

Auditioning
Oh yes, I think that the world should know about anybody (private person or company) doing business, ie selling products, not tending to customers once they bought the product. If you want to criticize that and taking side with the company it's just your standpoint. I don't think, however, if YOU are the one being hurt you'll hold on to that position. We should remember also that we are here talkin of more or less a prosumer product. I have written those emails during about 1 year, short and business-like (polite w no harsh words) and to the point asking about the missing DVDs, which a document attached to the box clearly states I am eligable to recieve once they are released. It makes me wonder about their support should one have problems w another of their products, for ex the costly package containing the sensor?
That's what I want to caution people about. Hopefully they realise that customers will be pissed when gravely neglected. If you put out an email-adress for "info" or "support" you'd better damn tend to it. No excuse if you don't! So I think there is a duty involved in being a customer: share your experiences, good or bad.
Anyway: using the same "info" adress, now with the subject line: "How to buy Avia Pro" I had an INSTANT response also to the Q on the number of DVDs. The "missing" DVDs have not been released and at this point there is still uncertainty whether they ever will be...
Case closed: 1) bad customer relations management and 2) at this point no more DVDs (and I sense they never will be)!

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Is English your first language? I feel we are talking in circles. You are still talking about emails, which I said aren't going to be put anywhere near the same level of importance as a phone call. I don't support them, I tried to help you but you've make excuses and dismissed every attempt that I've made to clarify WHY you aren't getting responses.

You: "I tried emailing. I sent like 3 emails over a year"
Me: "They aren't taking it serious. Try calling."
You: "But...But....email?!? Grrrr."
Me: "That is too easy to simply delete. It is rude but they'll do it. Call them, they won't have the guts to simply hang up on you."
You: "I emailed them again, but I said I was interested in buying. They answered back."
Me: "Exactly."

igroucho

Auditioning
The disappearing of one email could be excused but not 3!!! I proved my point about OM that they're on their toes selling, support tho is no priority. I lament customers having bought their expensive calibration package and find themselves in trouble with faulty hardware or whatever. THAT's what I want to caution the HT-community about. If that destroys their business so be it, it's well earned.
Any effort to xcuse companies not caring for their customers is what I object to. If they announce support thru email then that's what they better do! And furthermore: there are customers outside US too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks