What's new

avia + spl meter? (1 Viewer)

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
i've always gone by ear for stereo set up. i will be setting up my first ht in full in a few weeks. my inclination is to try it by ear first and if it seems to be lacking try the spl thing. is there something i'm missing or is it really that hard to get it right? is there something the avia disc offers beyond test tones?

thanks
-max

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
You're missing 6 (assuming 5.1 sound) speakers vs 2 for stereo. It is close to impossible to get the levels right without a meter. Bass management is much more complicated as well...

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Avia also helps you calibrate your display -- most come with the contrast turned up way too high by default. Additionally, it always subwoofer frequency sweeps which can help with the placement of the subwoofer. It will also help you adjust the phase of your subwoofer.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You can look on Ebay. Also, if you have Netflix, I'm pretty sure you can get Avia through that. I think SVS offers a decent deal on the pair of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks