What's new

Avia, Sound &Vision or VE? (1 Viewer)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I have seen all three of these for sale and all have different price ranges. Avia goes for about 35, cheapest I saw Sound and Vision was 12.99. I haven't seen the prices for Video Essentials. Which is better? Do they all work the same? What is the difference between the three? Any feedback would be appreciated. I just want to get my RPTV looking as good as it can! And my sound sounding like it should!

Thanks in advance.

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
I think that most will agree to stick with Avia or VE (Usually about the same price). It might be a question of preference but the extra test pattern with explanation in the avia was a big plus for me.

Rob

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I agree with Robert. I have both AVIA and VE. I don't really have a preference. I have no experience with the Sound and Vision DVD.

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah,

Those disc are friggn expensive in Canada. I called two places today that had them. One the Avia was $82 CDA and the other place it was $60 CDA. Well then again $60 CDA is about $37.50 USD so maybe it's not that bad. But I can stil complain. hehe

Anyone in Canada know better pricing? Or is what I posted average?

Peter

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

I'm also from canada and i paid my avia 69$can before taxes. 60$can is certainly the best price i've heard so far in Canada......take it!. Most place i went they could only have it on special order and wanted 78$

Check a few of the home theater store around maybe they can rent or loan you a copy.

Robert
Montreal, Quebec

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,
www.thunderdvd.com also has it for $61.99 Can plus shipping of course. The palce in Toronto that has it for 60 bucks always has good prices. Actually they even rent it and the Video Essentials which they said isn't available in Canada anymore.
Well I wasn't sure if $60 was a decent price as I find DVD prices up here are actually cheaper then the US when you figure in the exchange. Either way, thanks for the Can pricings you've encountered :)
Peter

Andy Kim

Second Unit
The price I've seen it is at Bay Street Video (Bay and Bloor beside the donut shop). I believe the last time I checked, Avia was selling for about $60 CAN or so.

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
About video essentials; maybe it's not available anymore but metro-video downtown Montreal still got about 10 copies up for sale also at 68$.

Rob

Peter Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Andy,

Actually Bay Street Video is the place I was talkng about that normally has good prices. That's a kick ass little shop.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I have both Avia/VE and use them both to take full advantage of each others strong points. I might look into S&V just because I think it has a 6.1 sound check that will level out my back surrounds when I get them.

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I got the Avia at Deepdiscountdvd for 36.00. Circuit City didn't have it (said they carried it YEARS ago but not anymore), Best Buy didn't, Tweeter didn't, Suncoast didn't.... so the only option was the net. Thank god! When mentioned, 1 person, a gentleman at Tweeter knew what it was. Go figure! Haha!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Avia at totalactionuniverse.com cost me C$64.95. dunno what shipping and tax within Canada is, though, since they're a Canadian firm and I assume they will have to charge Canadian residents tax?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks