Avia set up and monitor menus

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jefff, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Jefff

Jefff Agent

Jun 23, 2002
    Hopefully this hasn't been covered before,but search really didn't help [​IMG]
    Does anyone else have a problem concentrating on the Avia test patterns while setting up your monitor-I have a Toshiba direct view and the setup menu takes up most of the screen w/it's various catagories so the Avia patterns are behind them,on other sets I have-you can get just one
    catagory (tint/color/picture)down at the bottom of the screen,and it doesn't interfere quite so much as where the Tosh.has them all listed from top to bottom.
    Anyway around this? or some suggestions from those of you w/the same problem? I would appreciate it. Thanx!
    CHEERS ! jefff
  2. Tom Kindel

Tom Kindel Auditioning

Dec 10, 2002
    I just got a Toshiba 50HDX82 RPTV and its menus do the same thing. It's particulary bothersome on the contrast/brightness adjustments. The only way I've found to work around it is to make an adjustment then exit the menu to check it. It's a bit of a pain, but it works.

Considering everything else about the TV is great, I consider it a minor annoyance.