1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Avia result setting for samsung TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Mayrand, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand Stunt Coordinator

Mine are
    Contrast 36
    Brightness 38
    Sharpness 10
    Color 26
    Tint 55/45

The result is quite dark but I really like it, but maybe I'll brigten it a little, but the image is so clean it's really amazing.

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I got similar results with my Samsung. The only major difference was the contrast setting. Mine was around 45. Everything else is almost exactly the same as my settings. I agree it looks AMAZING but it is a bit too dark especially for video games of viewing movies with any light on. To compensate I bumped up my brightness to around 40. If the game is still too dark,(like Resident Evil or Twisted Metal Black) I bump it up a bit more.

3. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

Cool info. I'll probably be ordering my 27" Samsung within the month. I did order a disc for settings, but now I'll also have a good idea what others use.
    Reference.. you know. [​IMG]

4. Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand Stunt Coordinator

Did the same adjustment here also....also found it a bit too dark, so bring up the brightness a few notches.

Kind of funny!

Rob