AVIA or DVE for LCD projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChadLB, Dec 1, 2003.

1. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I have a Z1 and was wondering if the AVIA or the DVE disk would be better? Does anyone own both and have suggestions....

2. Chris*C

Chris*C Auditioning

I'm also interested in knowing which one and in general what improvements can be made on my 50" Panny LCD monitor?

Thanks!

3. Massimo N

Massimo N Stunt Coordinator

I own both, AVIA and DVE. I've calibrated my Panny AE300 Projector originally using AVIA, and when I got DVE I double checked my setting. Both resulted in identical results.

Out of the 2, I keep going back to AVIA, simply because it's A LOT easier to navigate through. The current DVE has an error with the LFE calibration channel, so again I use AVIA.

From a calibration standpoint, I prefer AVIA.

If you want to learn more about the basic calibration process, DVE is great in their video segments. It definitely has more test footage than AVIA.

Hope that helps.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I have to agree with Massimo. Both are good and thorough. I also have an LCD PJ and think that AVIA is definitely easier to navigate than DVE. I cursed the disk while I tried over and over to find the test tones for instance feeling like the poor wanderer seeing that same tree for the fifth time.

I, however, kept DVE because of its 6.1 capabilities.

5. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

I just got a Panny 300U myself, so I am quite intrested in other's opinions on this as well.