Avia LFE test tone

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gomez_a, Apr 12, 2002.

1. gomez_a

gomez_a Stunt Coordinator

I have the Avia Dvd and I can't find an LFE test tone that lasts more than 5 seconds - I looked everywhere on the disk and all find is a quick LFE test tone for channel ID and the test tone s that alternate the other channels w/the LFE.

Those LFE test tones don't last long enough for me to get a good reading on the RS meter (set to 'c' weithing/slow response) - am I missing something? the tone ends qucker than I can set the A-B repeat function on my DVD player - any suggestions?

2. Manuel Delaflor

Manuel Delaflor Supporting Actor

You can build your own test tones. All you need is a software like Cool Edit Pro and a CD burner.

3. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

I didn't know that Cool Edit would produce a dolby or DTS 5.1 bit stream. He asked for an LFE source. I think Cool Edit will just produce a stereo or mono signal (that can be redirected to the sub woofer, but is not an LFE source). If he is cabibrating the LFE channel, he needs an LFE source.

4. gomez_a

gomez_a Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, yes, I'm calibrating the LFE channel - my toshiba DVD player doesn't play CD's burned off a writer and i don't have a CD player (I use my DVD player for that)

5. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

I believe that the "Ultimate DVD Platinum " has test tones for LFE in DD and DTS
    see Amazon : Here
    I have not tried this disk.