What's new

AVIA in Best Buy: where do they stock it? (1 Viewer)

Matt T. M.

Auditioning
Okay, I just got a new Toshiba 50A61 at Best Buy last night, and one of the things on my list to get was AVIA (or some kind of kit to set up a picture). None of the salesmen at BB even knew what I was talking about, they told me just to look around for it. Well, it’s a big store, and I couldn’t find it, but every post I have read seems to imply that it is there.

I know this sounds stupid, but where does Best Buy PHYSICALLY keep the AVIA discs? Or, where else can I buy some kind of setup disc for a home theater?

LewB

Screenwriter
I think I've seen the Sound & Vision test disk in the 'Special Interest' DVD section of my local BB. I bought my Avia disk there a while ago. I haven't seen the Avia disk in stock there for a while.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I bought Avia at BB and it was in the section where they keep lesser known/odd titles and some discount titles. At my store, it was in the section that is closer to the VHS.

Matt T. M.

Auditioning
Ah, okay, I was looking around the TV wiring supplies and receiver accessories, I will look around the back of the DVD section next. Thanks.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It seems to be harder and harder to find. I have yet to locate a store in the Cincinnati area that still has a copy of it.

MarcW

Agent
It seems to be harder and harder to find. I have yet to locate a store in the Cincinnati area that still has a copy of it.
I bought mine at BB in Tri-County maybe a month ago. Price was pretty steep at $49.99. They still had 4 copies when I bought mine.

-MarcW

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"Special Interest" is definitely the place! My BB hasn't had one for awhile though. The last copy they had was $49.99.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
if you're willing to purchase on-line, go to Link Removed you'll find the cheapest price.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Crutchfield even has it in their catalogs and on their website...

Matt

BTW - the dealer cost on this is over 35 bucks!! That's why it's so high at retail.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Matt T.M.-
I know what you mean about it being hard to find. I asked my local BB about it and and they said "it does WHAT?" :thumbsdown:
Upon further searching in the Special Interest section of the DVD's, they just didn't have it. However, I went to Suncoast Video at a mall here in Little Rock, and they had 3 copies of Video Essentials! All marked down from $49. to $29.95! I snagged it:) If all else fails, you may wish to try for VE.

Users who are viewing this thread