What's new

Avia for VCR's? (1 Viewer)

David Bane

Grip
I've calibrated my TV using Avia and the picture on DVD's and analog cable TV looks great! But when I play a tape in my VCR I notice that the image tends to appear a bit blurry. I realize that this is probably due to the VCR's lower resolution compared to DVD's or even analog cable TV. After calibrating with Avia, my TV's Sharpness control is at a very low level. It took me a while to get used to it. But it's still painfully obvious with the VCR. I use composite cables throughout my A/V system.

My question is if I raise the Sharpness control on my TV during VCR viewing would that throw the other settings (saturation, black level, etc.) out of whack? There is a sharpness control on my VCR, though. Would I be better off just adjusting that?

Ronn.W

Second Unit
If there's a sharpness control on your VCR it's best to use that. If you followed the Avia calibration properly you should assume the TV is set properly for viewing from most sources. Like you said though, VCR has lower resolution and that just might be part of the problem. Better to try and adjust the VCR to the TV than the TV to the VCR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks