AVIA Easter Egg?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnFiorino, Nov 5, 2001.

1. JohnFiorino

JohnFiorino Auditioning

Came across a post where someone stated that there is a 'hidden' feature in the AVIA Home Theatre Guide. Something to the effect of a digital dolby test. Not quite sure if it is Audio only or combines some video.
    Has anyone ever heard of this? How do I access it? Thanks.

2. Glen_L

Glen_L Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't call it an easter egg, as it isn't really hidden. It is kind of easy to miss though with as many sections as the DVD has.
    Look in Chapter 2 for the "Dolby Digital Story". The section does the Dolby Digital "Train" intro, goes through the features of DD, then exits with the "Helicopter" trailer.

3. JohnFiorino

JohnFiorino Auditioning

Is that it? [​IMG]
    I thought it was something else - hidden from the main menu or only accessible via a specific entry on the remote. Thanks for pointing it out.

4. Phil

Phil Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Fairly new to H.T....can someone tell me where in Canada, I can purchase an AVIA test DVD?
    Thanks,
    Phil

5. JohnFiorino

JohnFiorino Auditioning

I had a hard time finding it in stores in and around Montreal so I ordered it online at HMV. Don't bother going to the store - they just look at you funny. They don't have a clue what you're talking about...at least they didn't here in MTL. Went for around $60 CAD + shipping. Really good tool to have for HT and audio.

6. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

Most of the "mystery" in the disc is due to the relatively deep layering of material. It takes an awfully long time to visit all the nooks and crannies of the disc.
    Here's one that you probably aren't aware of...
    On the title menu screen, you can up arrow once above the top item. The hilighting seems to go away, but what's actually happening is an invisible button is selected. If you press enter on the remote, you put the disc into a continous loop demo mode.
    ------------------
    Guy Kuo
    www.ovationsw.com
    Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

7. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

hi phil, you can find it at a dvd store across from bay bloor audio.its on the west side of bay just south of bloor.

8. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

Hi Phil:
    Entertainment Warehouse also has it in Mississauga along with a host of other oddball stuff. They're a bit pricey, but have a large selection. Not a place I'd recommend for regular releases but they do have a lot of SE, dts editions etc etc. They are on Ridgeway Dr just off Dundas St.
    Herb.

9. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If you are central north the check out DVD Wave, Leslie st south of Major Mackenzie. They have a large selection at great prices.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's