What's new

avia dvd or Home theater tune up? (1 Viewer)

Leo_P

Second Unit
I've got the S&V HT disc and it has everything I need to tweak my system, audio & video. Highly recommended.
The Avia I've never used but I've heard it's more in-depth. But don't forget that Ovation software makes both DVD's. Plus, the Avia is more expensive and I don't think you're getting THAT much more.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
What are you calibrating? Tv and sound...or just sound? I used to it calibrate my hdtv, and speaker system, and it works great...the first one contains more on the tv side(in depth)...If its sound, I'd say grab the Tune up...tom

Jose G

Supporting Actor
S&V=all the basics + 6.1 (rear ch) cal.
Avia=all the basics + only 5.1 cal. (also more demos)

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Do you love those Sonus Faber speakers, by the way?
I auditioned the Concertinos and loved the imaging and crispness, and the high's were increadible, but I thought they were a bit bass shy as mains. Am I right on this?

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
the concertinos are bass shy BUT they are bookshelf speakers. They also make concertos which are also bookshelfs and have a bit of bass. I use a powered sub with my system so it is not much of an issue for me. One time I bought a pair of Klipsch speakers for the bass and the highs killed my ears. I love the mids and highs of the Sonus. Plus the grand pianos do have some low end!

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Thanks! By the way, the S&V disk really has all you need for the basic tune up, plus test tones to the rear ch. which the Avia does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks