What's new

Avia doesn't work for me!!!! (1 Viewer)

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
I realy didn't know where to post this. Software, hardware, dvd, display device, it could all fit. So please move it as you wish.

On warm recommendations from many board members. I finally bought the avia dvd to calibrate my tv, and i've been quite desapointed. First it seem that this disk really got a problem with my toshiba sd-2710 dvd player. It's almost impossible to manage. Always shifting into pause mode, and many screen appear where i can't even navigate trough them.....i really don't know what's happening. The extra pattern test are suppose to come with some explanation as what they are use for but i can't find it anywhere. Some list of test pattern appear that i can even access. From what i've been able to access. I'm pretty disapointed having paid 40$ when i could have done about the same thing with 4$ and the THX optimode that comes with some dvd. I'm I doing something wrong here............Please help me.

Robert

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
Well it seem that by enabling english subtitle on my dvd that some issue are resolve. I'll keep you posted for a total review.

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
Well everything worked fine once the subtitle was turned on. It's a great dvd with full of features and I'm quite happy to have invested in such an usefull dvd.....I would highly recommend it to everyone. It did a nice job on my 10 year old TV so i'm quite impatient to see what it can do on the new TV i should get next week.

Rob

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Toshibas are pretty well known for having phantom problems with some DVDs- and I've seen this Avia/Toshiba/Subtitle thing discussed in the past.

Glad it worked out for you.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks