What's new

Avia and Video Essentials Question (1 Viewer)

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Hi I've been looking at getting at least one of these disks for some time now. So far, I've only found the VE disk locally. Should I buy now or wait for the new version. I don't have a progressive scan tv and the new disk is suppose to have more progressive scan functions right. So should I buy now?

As for Avia. Anyone know where I get the best prices and have it shipped to Vancouver, Canada?

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
You can get Avia at DVD Planet. I am waiting on the Home Theater Tune-Up by Sound & Vision and Ovation. You can check out HT Tune-Up at Sound & Vision's web site.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
HTT should be shipping by early Jan. I don't think we'll have fast enough turn around at the plants to ship in time for Christmas.

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator
>Home Theater Tune-Up by Sound & Vision <

this is got a great price on it, $20. Does anyone know if it will include everthing that is on Avia?

Thanks Bob

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
How 'bout Video Essentials? Should I buy now or wait for the new version considering the fact I don't have a progressive scan tv?

Are there any Canadian dealers for AVIA? If not how much would shipping cost to Vancouver, Canada be if I buy from Ovation or Dvdplanet?

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Howard,

Just go to DVD Planet's web site and go to the help section and then to shipping. It will give you the price for shipments to Canada.

RossB

Grip
Howard I was also looking for a Canadian source for AVIA...no luck. If you go to DVDExpress.com you can get this for around 39 buck US with a $2.49 shipping charge to Canada. This is about $67 CDN. If you want to try Video Essentials you can go to http://www.pricegrabber.com and get a used version for about 15 bucks US and $3.50 shipping (about 30 cdn). I have been thinking about this... I was able to find this same DVD at A&B sound for 70 bucks
the used version will take some of the pain away ... when the newversion comes out

Jerry T

Agent
Hi Howard,

You can get a copy of Avia at any Future Shop or A&B Sound.

Seymour A&B have copies I'm sure.

Jerry

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
I went to Broadway Futureshop and they didn't have it. :frowning:
Never mind. I can special order form A&B. Thanks for pointing me towards the right direction.

KevinGS

Stunt Coordinator
Just went to Futureshop today and they said they haven't carried it for a few months now.

David Glenn

Second Unit
Is the "Home Theater Tune-Up by Sound & Vision" made by the same people who make Avia? What are the differences between the two? Sound & Vision is less than half the price of Avia.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I just ordered the Home Theater Tune-Up from DVDplanet for like 16 bucks shipped. Should be as good as Avia. The software is made by Ovation, the same company that did the Avia DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks