What's new

Avia and/or S&V Home Theater Tune Up... (1 Viewer)

RobG

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon has these packaged together for 55.00. I need the Avia but do I really need the other as well? Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, I think the S&V one is made by Ovation software, the same company that makes Avia.
You can pick up the S&V one for around $18 on half.com
http://www.half.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi...domain_id=1877
Or, find a friend and chip in for one copy. You don't have to use this disc that often, so that makes better sense or see if you can rent it(?). Also, find a friend and chip in for a spl meter from rat shack...although they aren't that costly..once you calibrate, unless you move your speakers, I wouldn't really re-calibrate that often and the SPL meter will just collect dust...unless you'd like to know how loud you snore or something fun like that...:)...
You will need one of these to make the audio parts of the calibration disc useful.

RobG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I have a spl meter already and VE but I am doing some video cal. and the AVIA has what I need as opposed to the VE. I was just curious if it would be handy to have both, but looks like probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks