What's new

Avia and "Color Decoder Check" (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,
Just ran the AVIA again after changing the contrast and brightness settings. I used the color decoder check on the disc and this is what I got. Red +5% Green -5% Blue 0% perfect. To correct this, I am assuming that I will have to adjust the drives and cuts of the guns. I have written the current values down front he service menu. I juts want to know what I should be adjusting to get these all to be 0. The cuts or the drives? :)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Michael,

Please check out the "Gray Scale is not Color Decoding" thread started by Guy Kuo pasted near the top of this Forum page. Guy is the main man responsible for the AVIA dvd, and knows whereof he speaks.

Cuts and Drives are for grayscale, not color decoding adjustment--these are 2 separate things. Guy explains all this in the above mentionned thread.

Plus or minus 5% color decoder error is truly minimal and not really worth worrying about. Most sets ship with 15% red push and even that isn't super excessive. Mits models in some recent years had 25% red push and that was regarded as a real problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks