Avery 'AFTER BURNER' CD labeling system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_E, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Has anyone used this new CD labeling system from Avery? It has a unique applicator and the labels can be printed full face with only the small hole in the center being removed.
    I've used Avery labels for quite a while, applying them with tabs, using the jewel case itself but I've never used any application system. Any input regarding this system or any other system would be appreciated.
    http://www.avery.com/afterburner/index.html
    Thanks in advance.
    -Gary

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Could you provide links? Thanks.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i've been using the system from cd stomper for quite some time now. it works great...lots of neat graphics, simple software, easy to find refills, etc.
    what i really like is that the applicator is fool-proof. i've NEVER messed up applying a single label yet.
    check it out:
    http://www.cdstomper.com/stproducts.html

4. Doug Ennis

Doug Ennis Stunt Coordinator

I bought the Avery Afterburner about three months ago, and I love it! I also have yet to mess up a label. I especially like the foil labels that you can use.

5. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Ted and Doug thanks for the replies. The only problem I've had was with clear, glossy labels. They are very thin and it is difficult to apply them without some creases and bubbles on the finished product.
    Again, thanks for your input.

-Gary