What's new

Average price you pay for discs. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I pay between 10 and 25 dollars for my discs, with 15 to 20 dollars being average for each purchase. I rarely pay over 25, unless I can't find it anywhere but Suncoast or it was just a high price. The 3 most expensive DVDs I bought were Walking with Dinosaurs and Robocop Criterion edition which cost me 40 each, and Terminator 2 UE which cost me 35. I wish Suncoast was cheaper because they have so many discs I'd like to get, but don't because of the price. I can't order online because I have no credit card.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I rarely pay more than $25 CDN for single releases; usually I hover around $23-24. If I pay more than that, more often than not, it is for boxed sets, the highest price (don't remember exact amount, more than $120) being for the Stanley Kubrick collection (2nd iteration).

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
I have a deal set up now with a local video store so all my purchases from now on will be $10USD for the used disks.

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
Usually for new discs I pay $20, but it can be from $10-up (rarely up unless special or box set, etc.)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
As a home theater enthusiast, money is no object regarding the cost of software, so it is impossible for me to compute an average cost.

- Steve

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Thanks to the Reports in DVD Profiler I can definitively state I have paid an average price of $15.45 per DVD.

Reality check would prove I typically pay between $18 and $20.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
$5.44 is the average. It might sound low but I just take all the $$$ I spend on DVDs and if I sell them for less (incl s/h etc) the average goes up. If I sell them for more than I paid for it.. the average goes down.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
The wonders of Columbia House have allowed me to buy most of my live-action DVD's (out of a collection of ~200) at around $10 a pop. Unfortunately, CH's anime selections aren't very extensive, so buying them elsewhere has raised my average price to the more reasonable $15-17.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
I like to stay between $15-23 for new releases, but I will pay a little more for double disc sets (ie. Simpsons, Marilyn, the forthcoming Sanford & Son). When it comes to used, the local Blockcuster has the odd good deal on (Spy Game for $12.99 Cdn), otherwise, I don't like to pay much more than $10-11 for a PVD.

But I did pay $25 for Hunchback I & II at the flea market, used but unopened (no wrap, had the security tape over top of the case)...so I'm not sure if those count as new or used...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Columbia House has allowed me to buy many titles for an average of $9.50 each.

However, new releases that I really like and if I don't want to wait three months for Columbia House enrollment, I usually get for $15.99-19.99 from a B&M during the first week of its release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[smug bastard]When you guys have a collection as big as 1217 DVDs, with 92% of them purchased new rather than used, if you can say your average price is $13.60 then you will be as pleased as I am! :D [/smug bastard]
Edited to correct the counts and the average...I was 35¢ too high! :)

Eric T

Second Unit
My girlfriend just bought a new VW Golf. It cost less than your DVDs :eek:
BTW, I am getting most of my DVD's from CH now, average price less than $9.50 each.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My girlfriend just bought a new VW Golf. It cost less than your DVDs :eek:
You got a car for less than $16,557.20?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Average price per disc: $5.xx
I limit my regular purchases to deals, gift certificates, Columbia House, etc. I'm rather frugal when it comes to DVD purchases, I suppose. All have been purchased new and I'm at about 175 discs or so. :)

Anne M

Agent
I probably spend around $20 on average for each DVD purchase. The most I ever paid for a DVD was $40 for my Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box, but that, of course, was two movies, so you could count it as $20 per movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks