What's new

Average Joe (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Another nerdtacular episode of this show! It just keeps getting funnier. The one dork who creamed his pants on his date when he got a peck on the lips was hilarious... Especially that abomonation of a song he tried to sing to her.

This week she cleaned house. Got rid of the three fat guys, the handicapped guy, and the short guy.

I especially liked the fat dude who complained her choices were shallow because she got rid of the overweight people. Got news for you dude, personality is nice, and can compensate if you're not Brad Pitt, but no woman wants a gigantic sweaty smelly fat pig all over her if she can help it.

- Jack

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I don't know the names of any of these guys, so bear with me... I think that one of the guys in the show is a total ass. I am referring to the guy who got into the mud bath naked. He keeps telling himself and the others that she picked the guy whom she was unsure about to go on a date with. Right. "She was staring at me the whole time." OK, whatever. I am surprised that he didn't get dropped this week.

He then tells her that he thinks Dennis is a "friend only" kind of guy, but then goes and tells Dennis that she told him that he (Dennis) was going to the next round. Dennis thanks this guy for his support, while not knowing that he just got stabbed in the back.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Where did you see he was sweaty and smelly and "a pig"?

As expected she keeps the halfway decent-looking guys and the most obnoxious one gets too fool around with her. Just like in real life! :D

I was surprised how emotional people got, crying and stuff... haven't they only been there for like 3 days?

I agree that the scene with John getting a peck on the lips and then jumping around hollering was funny. He seems like the nerdiest of the ones left.

Marc, I agree that guy is an ass. He seems to think really highly of himself at least, he said something like "I know you guys all wanted me to go on that dinner" or something like that... (don't remember exactly what it was he said, but something similar).

I loved how Zach pulled her off to the side when they were rock-climbing and did some "damage control" before the other guys had the chance to badmouth him more. And of course, she was very understanding. :)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
he said something like "I know you guys all wanted me to go on that dinner" or something like that... (don't remember exactly what it was he said, but something similar).
I forgot about that, though I believe it was something to the effect of "Well, if she hadn't picked him (the Indian guy), then she would have picked me." He says this as if it were fact, like it was so obvious that the other guys already knew this, too.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I especially liked the fat dude who complained her choices were shallow because she got rid of the overweight people. Got news for you dude, personality is nice, and can compensate if you're not Brad Pitt, but no woman wants a gigantic sweaty smelly fat pig all over her if she can help it.
You know what's funny about ALL the contestants? They're f'ing hypocrites.

When they get kicked to the curb, they all complain she's shallow and it's purely based on looks. However, NONE of them realize they're doing the exact same thing. Everyone is like "oh, if I were going to pick the perfect girl, she'd be it" without ever acknowledging she could be (speculation for the argument) a gold digging bitch with no ethics that treats people like shit.

So I feel sorry for no one that gets kicked off, and if anything, am rooting for no one.

And I see why none of them have a girl - they're all whiny pansies. Hell, I've met damn great people, but never cried over their departure. Get their damn phone/email/address if it's that important!

Although Mr. Smoker from New Jersey is a class 1 dick. I hope the new guys replace him real quickly.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
When they get kicked to the curb, they all complain she's shallow and it's purely based on looks. However, NONE of them realize they're doing the exact same thing. Everyone is like "oh, if I were going to pick the perfect girl, she'd be it"
Exactly! What has it been, a couple/several days, and even the Ph.D candidate says something to the effect...she could be the one.

If this truly was a contest where personality emerges as champion, not many of these contestants would even win the consolation prize of Mr. Congeniality.

Like Marc and Micke, the one who has delusions of grandeur annoys me the most. Actually strikes me as a closet psycho.

Van Patton

Second Unit
I'm thinking that the big switch will be that they bring in a bunch of hot girls. The look on her face wasn't one of "Hey there's some hot guys here now!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/17/03 episode:

I almost fell off the couch from laughing at Tareq who thought he could master the game of golf in 10 minutes (and then the footage of him sucking at the game and his reaction to his suckitude was icing on the cake).

The twist is what it is. Will see how it plays out, but I'm not really invested in the outcome one way or another, I just wanted to see another "Revenge of the Nerds" scenario play out with the twist.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I was just about to type something mean about tareq and then i remembered that for all his accomplishments...he is only 21 ! I mean how many of us had a handle on dating and relationships at that 21 ? I knew he was gone though after he blew up on the golf course.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So the twist is that after she booted 3 more guys. They bring out 3 new guys, who all could be models. The previews for next week showed the 3 original "average Joe's" not taking it so well.

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
Ive never seen a girl with a grin so big as when those new guys walked in...she looked as if she about to have the big 'O' ...it was like the average guys had just vanished...will be interesting to see how it all plays out...my prediction is that adam and zack and one of the new guys will be the next final three...but thats only because the cameras are on her...in reality the average guys would have never had a chance

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Haha, I agree... damn, she looked like she just wanted to jump up and down, hug them and scream "Take me away from here!" :) The third one didn't look very good though, I must say...

I feel bad for the Joe's, it's gotta be disheartening to face the real world again. :)

I'm SO glad that big jerk was booted, the guy who kept ragging on the other guys, always starting it with "I feel really bad saying this...". Maybe they didn't show it, but he seemed to have zero connection with Melana, all he did was bitch about the other guys. Yet he seemed convinced that he'd win it all?

Next week should be interesting.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
This week's 3 bootees were easy to call. Mr. No Personality, Indian Temper Boy, and The Backstabber. The worst of the bunch was the backstabber, also known as "Mr. Delusions of Granduer". He interprested EVERY little thing she did as proof that she liked him, even if it had nothing to do with him. Hilarious! He probably thinks the female bank tellers and Drive-thru girls are in love with him too. What an idiot.

As for the new guys, I think they're just actors. The twist will be if she picks one of them at the end, they say "sorry honey" and walk off. If she picks an average Joe, she gets some $$$.

- Jack

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I was just about to type something mean about tareq and then i remembered that for all his accomplishments...he is only 21 ! I mean how many of us had a handle on dating and relationships at that 21 ? I knew he was gone though after he blew up on the golf course.
Tareq does NOT have a handle on dating or relationships, regardless of his 'intellectual' knowledge. And based on what I've seen on the show of Tareq, he's not very smart. Let's take a look at the examples:

- He's convinced she's perfect without ever talking to her
- He has no life other than studying and adding chalk marks to his list of countries he's visited or studies he's interested in
- The first time he has Melana's attention, he talks about green vegetables with her, and at the end of their discussion makes it clear he doesn't like green vegetables
- Like most intellectuals (guys like him), he underestimates anything (e.g. golf) that doesn't involve the brain

And lastly....He's on a show for guys WHO CAN'T GET A GIRL on their own.

While his academic achievements at his age may be great, he portrays himself as an idiot on this show.

As for the rest of the 'contestants' left, they're all whiny bitches who think they're better than the next guy, all failing to realize that they too are on a show about ugly people (let's be real here - Average Joe is the nice way of saying undesireable) who can't meet a girl on their own.

I hope one of the good looking guys wins because I can't stand any of the attitudes of the remaining guys.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Yes, Marlena didn't bother to even TRY and hide her excitement for the three new guys.

She had an explicit "now THAT'S what I'M talkin' 'bout" look on her face. If I were one of the final three, I would have quickly fallen OUT of love there and then in disgust.

But that's just me... I think.

C

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Missed last night's show...delusions-of-grandeur guy got booted? Great - he probably still finds a silver lining in being eliminated. Perhaps he believes that this was her code to surreptitiously meet her by the water fountain in back for some furious necking.

Yeah, I agree average joe for this show is a euphemism for ugly. And more importantly and even worse, zero or flaky personality (which afflicted most of these joes).

I suppose if they called the show Losers or Dorks, many of these guys might have not even agreed to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks