Average CPU temp??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ian_H, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Anyone know what the average CPU temp should be for a Athlon XP 3000+ w/ 333mhz FSB? I built a new rig last week and I am having stability problems. According to my mobo's health status it is usually around 55c to 62c. I am running it with the stock heatsink and fan that came wiht the chip and i have an Antec P-160 case. I was a little bit worried about the airflow so I have the case side completly off and am getting thos temp readings.

Thanks!!

--Ian

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    55c to 62c may be a little warm, but i dont think it is anything that could cause stability problems. maybe your psu is too small. i remember reading that athlons could operate under 95c, but that may not be for a newer one like you have.

CJ

3. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

I have a Antec True Power 550 PSU. I was thinking PSU as I have every molex in use.

-Ian

4. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

You should be under 50C with decent cooling. You're not there currently so look to get a better HSF first and then case cooling.

5. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Well I have seemed to fixed my stability problems. I upgraded my chipset drivers and haven't had a crash yet. I always forget about getting the newest chipset drivers.

-Ian