What's new

Average Adam ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My pick, Amy, is still in the running, along with Christina. Rachel still scares me with her stalker vibe that I get from her.

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
I can't believe that the finale is next week already.

With it being such a short-run series, I don't find myself with any real emotional attachment to any of the girls. It's hard to get more than superficially interested until that happens, for me at least.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Ok, what the hell was up with Adam's reaction to the golfcart going into the water? LOL That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. :D

I feel bad for Brian again now. Poor guy, had to sit through that with a bunch of women that he didn't know. Some of their reactions to Brian just showed that they are too 'starstruck' to be on this show and it isn't Adam they want, it is the tv Adam.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I also pick Amy. I think that she is the one that Adam's folks disapprove of though for some reason.
I was disappointed with Adam's choices to boot off the show until I realized next week was the finale. It just seemed very shallow on his part "I'm gonna boot the chicks I didn't make out with" type of thing. Not that they wouldn't have been my choices to go, but it's like they never really got a chance to make an impression on Adam.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I don't think he has much choice since the show's moving so fast. It would be nice to give everybody a full chance, but he had to eliminate 5 people. Should he send somebody home who he really feels like he connected with just to give somebody else a chance? Given a known positive versus an unknown, I would choose the known positive.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The stuff on the golf course was funny as hell, his reaction to the golf cart going into the lake was hilarious! :D I love that they do crazy shit like that on this show (like the rowboat blowing up on AJ2). Seeing Zach from AJ run around was funny too. :)

I felt bad for Brian having to be there, but hey, it was a pretty cool and emotional scene.

Too bad they had to rush through this edition of the show (why?) as it's hard to get invested in the characters. They also show a little too much of Adam and not enough of the girls to make it really interesting. No wonder he cut the girls he hadn't dated/made out with yet.

I hope he picks the "Culinary Instructor" whatever her name is.

/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Adam succumbs to superficiality. How droll. He let the one go that I thought he should have picked, Amy, in the final 3, and settled on a final two of Rachel and Samantha.

I think Rachel wasn't as genuine as she was portrayed to be, especially when it seems like she was trying to become Adam's version of a Stepford wife in getting across all those attributes that Adam admitted to wanting in a woman, while not really showing what she's really all about. It was a case of "Too good to be true" vs. "Damn, she gets my motor running!", and the motor won. I also will be glad when Samantha wolfs down a large portion of Adam's earnings on stupid materialistic crap. Who the hell would get involved with a professional buyer-wannabe? Yikes!

The whole segments on shopping for Samantha's dog has to be near the top of the list as one of the most inane things aired on a reality dating show.

So, any thoughts about Adam beating the hell out of David Daskill? Some of those stunts looked pretty rough. Also, what was up with Adam slugging some of the women in the wild wild west acting segment?

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Adam picked style (Samantha) over substance (Rachel). It's turn-about play when he was dumped by Melana because she also preferred style (physical) over substance (charm).

Adam should've kept Christine and/or Amy for final 2.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Of course the family always falls for the stalker. :D

I missed the first 45 minutes of the show. I forgot that it was a 2 hour show last night. :frowning: So David Daskill came back?? What did I miss up to the first elimination?

I really wasn't sure who to root for anyway. Hopefully this is the last one of the Ave. J. series. I don't think I would even watch an Ave. J.(ane) version now.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
What a Jackass!
First off, there should have been red lights going off at the dog clothes store. When that stupid little sweatshirt was $45 Adam should have figured out that Samantha was a gold digger.
I'm very disappointed in Adam. It seemed like the only thing that he and Samantha had in common was they both liked to smooch. There was no meaningful conversation and when it tried to rear its' head, Adam went dumb.

It should have been Rachael and Amy in the final two with the final choice being Amy. She was a perfect mix between Rachael and Samantha. Although the fact that she wasn't Jewish and is from California probably weighed very heavily on Adam.

Poor David Daskell, he has become a caricature of himself.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Did you guys see that Entertainment Weekly was soliciting dates for the Rachel Dratch-alike and set up an email address for the purpose?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I noticed several things about Adam, the first was that he has issues with any of the ladies that showed they had some sort of a past life. I think he's looking for an idealized woman that doesn't have any history to her somewhat. The second is that he is blinded by image, he kept around all the girls he wanted to make out with or that he felt were "hot". He is going to get burned by that chick he's with, especially after she was talking about how she wanted to take him to Barney's

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I think that was most evident when he got rid of the young woman with the kid. I thought she was the cutest of the bunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks