What's new

Average Adam ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While I don't have high hopes for milking the "Average Joe" franchise, the opening bits about the AJs going through the selection process to find girls for Adam is pretty amusing with the nerdness factor kicked in on high.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

:D

It was interesting and I'll probably watch this one till the end too. Some of those women weren't too bad at all, but a few were just on the bizarre/freaky side. What was up with the "I don't blink and have a huge smile and a hooked nose" girl? Besides just acting freaky, she seemed like a girl that will soon become known as "Adam's Stalker".

M. Night Shyamalan is back and just as weird as ever. I did the EHarmony thing once and after spending a friggin hour answering the 500 questions I found out that there were ZERO compatible matches worldwide for me. Infact, after a month I got an email from EHarmony saying that they were going to close my account. LOL Seeing the two women that 'matched' up with Adam I'm kinda glad I didn't get any matches.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That freaking looking bug-eyed, big nose contestant was Jennifer Lifshitz. She did scare me throughout the show.

Brittney was cute (first one off the bus), but Amy was the one that seem to be the one that provided some chemistry with Adam.

Adam's still the non-suave dude from the original show. He was having a tough time not staring at some of the women's chests when their dress allowed for maximum peekage.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Adam let go of Rebecca, Jennifer Bolkin (has no neck), Sara, and Elizabeth.

Here's a rundown of the ladies:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Average_Joe:_...es/index.shtml

Anna was the one that Adam couldn't stop staring at her breastises.

Brittney's cute, with the southern accent.

Rachel's a little homely, but cute.

Amy is still the one I think Adam picks.

Jennifer Abrams was the one with the rack on display (also the software lady).

todd s

Senior HTF Member

That is exactly what I thought.

It must be me. But, Rochelle looks likes a dude.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

I thought I tuned into a SNL sketch for a good piece of the show.

I think Adam has a chance to find someone in this group, a nice mix.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Adam will never find a good match on this show. Why? They are all huge fans of the show. Every single one was "oh my god, it's Adam, he's so sweet".
I think he will have a better shot with the strippers that the Phat Boys bring into town as they probably won't be as star struck as the first group has been.

and Yes! Rachel Dratch(sp?) was the first thing I thought with Jen L as well. Even though she seems a total stalker, I hope she sticks around a while for good TV, much like Daaavid Daskell in AJ: Hawaii.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3/22/04

This was a pretty entertaining installment of Average Adam tonight.

The goring of Adam by the calves wasn't a pretty sight. Some of the women were terrified of playing matador.

The snowboarding was okay.

The rest of the Joes were unsuccessful in tempting Adam with 5 hotties (one of which was a former Playboy playmate, Angel Boris). Adam actually sent them all away before his harem arrived.

Adam had one-on-one dates with Rachel (the Adam stalker of the group), and Amy (my pick). Adam got to play tonsil hockey with both ladies in the hot tub.

The flag football in the mud was edited well, with the John Facinda sound-a-like voice doing the narration of the game.

Britney dropped the K-bomb on Adam: she has a 6 year old son (and she's only 23!). Adam promptly gave her the boot. He also gave the boot to Summer (scary redhead), Anna (Hot for Teacher), Rochelle, and Elizabeth (tall gangly blonde).

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it was an entertaining episode. I'm actually impressed with Adam that he sent the hot (well some were just anorexic) ladies packing right after they got there.

The football segment was great.

I feel bad for Britney, she was one of the best looking of the bunch, including her body. I didn't realize that the kid was 6 though. I missed that part.

It seemed pretty awkward when Rachel was kissing Adam. It was like she jumped him or something. Just looked weird. At first I thought that the editors were adding the 'howling' sounds but then Adam commented on it. That was pretty funny. :D

I still can't believe Jennifer Lifshitz is still there. All she talks about is her and his smile.

Next weeks episode looks to really spice things up with the promo and all that footage of Adam kissing the other ladies. I couldn't tell but did they mention the busload of swimsuit models in that promo or did they cut it out?

Anyway I'll keep watching.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
When Jennifer L. was crying on about her looks and stuff all I kept thinking was "Uh oh, Average Jane: Jennifer L. Returns"

Anna was pretty hot, too bad she got the boot but Amy is pretty nice all around too.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, Brittany was by far the prettiest of the girls. It's too bad all Adam could see was "instant family". I'm not so sure I liked how Adam went about it though. "I've had a crush on her since she arrived but she recently revealed something I can't get past."
Knowing that he had a crush on Brittany must have affected the remaining girls somewhat.

Brian-W

Screenwriter

He'll really grow to regret this next week...

I loved the "the pretty girls were a character test for Adam." My ass - they brought them on to keep the show 'hot' and if he'd accepted them, you'd never hear about the 'character test' comment. He complained because that suddenly put him in an awkward position, not because he was "finding Adam material" in the current girls.

I never cared for Adam from the first show. Thought he was a self centered whiny bitch.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
On the Average Joe boards at NBC.com they are all rooting for Jennifer L. to come back as Average Jane. *cringe*

I would like to see an Average Jane, which this show half is. They just need to replace Adam. But I would rather watch another 'littlest groom' than see J.L. helm her own show. No offense to her of course, she is probably very nice, just not tv friendly.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Jeez, you guys are not feeling Jennifer L. I really like her she seems fun and genuine, if I hadn't really dated anyone like she says she hasn't then I might get a little emotional about this whole process myself. I'm not the accepted standard myself and it's much more of an issue if you are member of a minority group like we are. Give her a break.

Spero D

Second Unit
I think NBC was upset that he sent home the swimware models and now that there was no drama they had to think of some way to add drama to the show i.e. showing the girls the promos. But I bet they won't show the girls how he sent home the swimware models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks