What's new

Avengers: Infinity War -- Spoilers Thread (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just sinemia'd this again in IMAX 3D. (Dual 2k Xenon bulb version, I wasn't travelling like Adam was). Looked great in 3D. Anyone else noticed that the post credit scene wasn't converted?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
There are quite a few here who have seen this multiple times now. I've still just had one viewing.

For those who have seen it multiple times, you must remember what was said about the Asgardians. Was it specifically stated that Thanos only killed half of them? I think that's the case, but I'm not sure.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I only saw the movie once so I may be a little hazy on exact points, but I thought Vision was willing to sacrifice himself only to have T'Challa convincing him to allow his people to remove the stone and save him.

Yes, that was the case. Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan. The lab was destroyed before it could safely remove the stone. Then after Wanda used magic to remove/destroy the stone – Thanos used the Time Stone to rewind to a time when the Mind Stone was intact and could be ripped out of Vision's head.

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Loved it despite the fact that the deaths at the end had zero effect on me because I know somehow it will all be reversed. Came off as just a bump In the road for those characters. Hell im not sure that any characters are truly dead. But they better be or it will be an unforgivable cop out.

Otherwise a tremendously entertaining film. The IMAX 3D presentation was awesome as usual.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This has probably been talked about by others in this thread and the other thread, but what makes this film so good is Thanos. We finally have a villain that's multi-dimensional, smart, very powerful and who's motive for doing his evil is clearly understood as being more than just for personal gain. He actually believes he's doing what's best for everyone despite his quest for genocide to cull population in order for finite resources to be better distributed among the surviving races. Great writing and also great acting by Brolin.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This has probably been talked about by others in this thread and the other thread, but what makes this film so good is Thanos. We finally have a villain that's multi-dimensional, smart, very powerful and who's motive for doing his evil is clearly understood as being more than just for personal gain. He actually believes he's doing what's best for everyone despite his quest for genocide to cull population in order for finite resources to be better distributed among the surviving races. Great writing and also great acting by Brolin.

Yes, Brolin gave a fantastic performance throughout and the character of Thanos definitely earned a seat at the table amongst the greatest movie villains.

The scene when he cried when he knew he had to sacrifice Gamora was wonderfully tragic.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Joe Russo revealed in a Q&A that Tom Holland improvised his performance in his death scene.

The kid’s got chops. That was one of the most emotional scenes in the movie. Maybe after Vision/Wanda and Thanos/Gamora.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
About the title for Avengers 4, Feige recently addressed this again. And again he is not focusing on how “spoilery” the title is for Infinity War, it is more that they wanted to keep the focus and discussion on this film first.

“Definitely not called that. When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later. We had done things in the past that had taken attention off of whatever the film at hand is because we talked about this. For instance, Infinity War announcing before Ultron came out, and it worked out, it was fine, but it felt like let’s keep the attention on the film at hand.”

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Yes, that was the case. Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan. The lab was destroyed before it could safely remove the stone. Then after Wanda used magic to remove/destroy the stone – Thanos used the Time Stone to rewind to a time when the Mind Stone was intact and could be ripped out of Vision's head.

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Just to clarify, my response was to another post wondering why the people of Wakanda were willing to sacrifice themselves just to save Vision.

After reading other articles and the discussions going on here as to what will come next I have a theory as to what will play out in the next Avengers movie. I will put this in spoilers just in case.

Hearing that there were set photos from Avengers 4 showing the battle of New York and recalling the original photo of Michael Rooker on set with the full Yondu costume and makeup on, I have a feeling that the next Avengers will use some sort of time warp to go back in time to destroy all of the stones by changing events that had previously occurred in the Marvel movies up to date. I am just not sure as to what the final outcome may be such as if they destroy the mind stone from Loki's scepter in Avengers that means the Vision was never created as well as Wanda and Pietro. If the power stone is destroyed prior to Peter Quill finding in on that planet, the Guardians of the Galaxy are never formed. And so on.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I saw it last night and thought it was good but, not great. My post may end up sounding negative but, I did enjoy the movie, I just didn't love it. Honestly, I just enjoy the characters' stand alone films more then the Avengers ones. Black Panther was just a far better film. Oddly enough, Civil War is a better "Avengers" movie then any of the actual Avengers movies, IMO.

One thing that bugs me is how they reset Ragnarok. One of the big points of that movie was that Thor learns that the power has always been within him, not the hammer. He then controllers the lightning with, what felt like, more force then when he had the hammer. Now, in IW, he's obsessed with getting another hammer. Why? He just proved to himself (and us) that he didn't need it and may be more powerful without it. I loved Ragnarok and just hated to see them back track on this character growth. Plus, he got his eye back. Thought it was cool that he was more like his father without the eye but, that is now erased. (Speaking of the eye, his eye lids where gone in Ragnarok, how did they reappear so quickly when Rocket gave him the new eye?)

Also, I'm getting tired of "deaths" in Marvel movies. None of them had any weight because we all know that they will not stick. It's pretty obvious that the disintegrating deaths will all be back but, I'm not convinced that the other 3 deaths will stick. Loki dies all the time so, that literally meant nothing to me in IW. Vision died, came back to life, then died again in a matter of a minute so, that shows you how they can bring him back. Gamora might be the one that sticks but, I wouldn't be surprised if the soul stone brings her back. Plus, they brought back Red Skull, he died a long time ago and we all believed he died in Cap 1. If Marvel ever wants deaths to have some meaning and weight then they have to stop resurrecting characters.

I did enjoy the move but, these things bug me, plus the way they used Hulk (or basically not using Hulk). Maybe I "love" this one more after 4 comes out and completes the story.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just to clarify, my response was to another post wondering why the people of Wakanda were willing to sacrifice themselves just to save Vision.

After reading other articles and the discussions going on here as to what will come next I have a theory as to what will play out in the next Avengers movie. I will put this in spoilers just in case.

Hearing that there were set photos from Avengers 4 showing the battle of New York and recalling the original photo of Michael Rooker on set with the full Yondu costume and makeup on, I have a feeling that the next Avengers will use some sort of time warp to go back in time to destroy all of the stones by changing events that had previously occurred in the Marvel movies up to date. I am just not sure as to what the final outcome may be such as if they destroy the mind stone from Loki's scepter in Avengers that means the Vision was never created as well as Wanda and Pietro. If the power stone is destroyed prior to Peter Quill finding in on that planet, the Guardians of the Galaxy are never formed. And so on.

Regarding your speculation regarding the A4 set photos,
its certainly a possibility that the story is something like that. The set photos I’ve seen showed Cap and Thor looking as they did from the final battle in New York in The Avengers along with Tony and Ant-Man. And Tony has lighter colored hair. So you have to think time travel is a likely explanation. Thought it isn’t the only possible one.

I do think there’s a good chance that A4 will pick up several years after the snap.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why are we using spoilers in this thread? I thought the purpose of this thread is to discuss these movies without worrying about spoiler tags?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Why are we using spoilers in this thread? I thought the purpose of this thread is to discuss these movies without worrying about spoiler tags?

The spoiler tags are about set photos from Avengers 4, so discussing those outright could be considered a spoiler for the next movie I assume some may not want to know. Even though the set photos are ambiguous, they certainly suggest something.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The spoiler tags are about set photos from Avengers 4, so discussing those outright could be considered a spoiler for the next movie I assume some may not want to know. Even though the set photos are ambiguous, they certainly suggest something.
I just think it’s unnecessary as such photos can be misleading due to editing and reshoots. In short, its just speculation.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I saw it last night and thought it was good but, not great. My post may end up sounding negative but, I did enjoy the movie, I just didn't love it. Honestly, I just enjoy the characters' stand alone films more then the Avengers ones. Black Panther was just a far better film. Oddly enough, Civil War is a better "Avengers" movie then any of the actual Avengers movies, IMO.

One thing that bugs me is how they reset Ragnarok. One of the big points of that movie was that Thor learns that the power has always been within him, not the hammer. He then controllers the lightning with, what felt like, more force then when he had the hammer. Now, in IW, he's obsessed with getting another hammer. Why? He just proved to himself (and us) that he didn't need it and may be more powerful without it. I loved Ragnarok and just hated to see them back track on this character growth. Plus, he got his eye back. Thought it was cool that he was more like his father without the eye but, that is now erased. (Speaking of the eye, his eye lids where gone in Ragnarok, how did they reappear so quickly when Rocket gave him the new eye?)

Also, I'm getting tired of "deaths" in Marvel movies. None of them had any weight because we all know that they will not stick. It's pretty obvious that the disintegrating deaths will all be back but, I'm not convinced that the other 3 deaths will stick. Loki dies all the time so, that literally meant nothing to me in IW. Vision died, came back to life, then died again in a matter of a minute so, that shows you how they can bring him back. Gamora might be the one that sticks but, I wouldn't be surprised if the soul stone brings her back. Plus, they brought back Red Skull, he died a long time ago and we all believed he died in Cap 1. If Marvel ever wants deaths to have some meaning and weight then they have to stop resurrecting characters.

I did enjoy the move but, these things bug me, plus the way they used Hulk (or basically not using Hulk). Maybe I "love" this one more after 4 comes out and completes the story.

Thor's "raw" lightning power was great in Ragnarok. However, it still didn't do much of anything against Hela. He couldn't beat her with it. If he had Stormbreaker then to further focus that power maybe he wouldn't have had to let Asgard be destroyed in order to stop her (because he couldn't). We didn't see Thanos and his Black Order defeating Thor on the refugee ship, that had already happened when we joined the story. But it can be assumed that he was just as ineffectual against an Infinity Stone Powered Thanos as he was against Hela, making it clear to him that he needed something to further enhance his powers.

As for Loki, I'm pretty sure he's dead dead. And technically, this is really the first time he's actually died. In Thor, he simply fell off into what looked like some sort of wormhole. The characters "thought" he died at the time, but in that same movie we were shown that he was still alive in the after credits scene. In The Dark World, he faked his death to avoid going back into captivity. Again, the characters "thought" he died, but the audience was shown in the last scene of the movie that he was alive. Yes, there's been a running theme of him "seeming" to dies, but In Infinity War Thanos strangled the life out of him and it looked pretty brutal and definitive. They even go so far as having Thanos say 'No resurrections this time" as if to tell the audience "This one sticks".

As for the red Skull, I assumed he was alive out there in the cosmos somewhere since the end of The Avengers in 2012. In Captain America The First Avenger, he holds the Tesseract and the visual effect of what happens there suggests his "disintegrated" body moving up into space. So, possibly "dead" but maybe somethign else? Then in the next movie, The Avengers, at the end Thor takes Loki back to Asgard using the Tesseract. the visual effect of it "beaming" them up looked very similar to what it did to the red Skull. At that moment I thought "Cool! I bet Red Skull is alive and up in the cosmos somewhere!" So it was extra cool to see that theory pay off here.

There have been real deaths that stuck and will stick in these movies. The most significant would be Yondu and Groot. Yes, Groot is dead. Groot died sacraficing himself to save the other Guardians. The new Groot is a new Groot. If you asexually reproduce from someone who died, it doesn't mean that the original being didn't die. James Gunn confirmed that original Groot is dead. And dumber smaller Groot is a new Groot. Obviously the deaths from Thanos' finger snap will be undone, but I guarantee that will come at a cost of other deaths that stick. I'm pretty sure that Loki and Heimdall are permadead. Gamora is the only one who i'm not sure about. I think it is possible she could be saved by someone else trading places. Maybe another Guardian or maybe even Thanos himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks