What's new

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it doesn't look that that will be the case, and there will certainly be a clear continuation of a larger story between the two.

We know Josh Brolin appears in both films as Thanos, so I was never expecting a tidy ending to Infinity War. This is just me speculating, I don't know any spoilers, but presumably, the goal of the heroes will have to be to kill him, because he's far too dangerous to leave alive in some kind of jail. Therefore, if he is in next year's film, they won't be finished with him at the end of this one.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I rewatched all 17 of the Marvel movies that have been released on disc this month.

I used MoviePass to see Black Panther tonight, so that I could have seen all 18 of the films.

I have tickets to a 10:45pm IMAX 3D screening on Thursday.

See you all after that!

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I had been assured that I didn't need to see Black Panther before IW and I was rolling with that, but decided to see it tomorrow anyways before catching IW on Friday. I'd rather be familiar with the BP characters that I expect to see in IW, and I keep hearing that BP is amazing.

So, two marvel movies I've never seen before this week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I had been assured that I didn't need to see Black Panther before IW

Where did you hear that? The marketing for Infinity War has heavily featured scenes in Wakanda and the cast of Black Panther.

I suspect that part of the reason Marvel put it in February (a release slot they have never used before) was to make sure everyone had time to see it before Infinity War because the tie-in will be significant.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I haven't seen anything spoiler-y yet, and hope I do not. (Unless you count the number of after-credits scenes
One
.)

A3 and A4 were originally planned as Part 1 and Part 2, and while I am glad they did away with those designations, it sure sounds like the movies will end up tied together. Many of the non-spoiler reviews I have seen say that audiences will have a hard time waiting for A4.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I had been assured that I didn't need to see Black Panther before IW and I was rolling with that, but decided to see it tomorrow anyways before catching IW on Friday. I'd rather be familiar with the BP characters that I expect to see in IW, and I keep hearing that BP is amazing.

So, two marvel movies I've never seen before this week.

Seems like the right call.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I haven't seen anything spoiler-y yet, and hope I do not. (Unless you count the number of after-credits scenes
One
.)

A3 and A4 were originally planned as Part 1 and Part 2, and while I am glad they did away with those designations, it sure sounds like the movies will end up tied together. Many of the non-spoiler reviews I have seen say that audiences will have a hard time waiting for A4.

Yep, which is what I’ve heard as well. And it seems much more appropriate for a story like this. And a year wait is nothing. I’m sure we all remember the three long years between Empire and Jedi. Now THAT was rough!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Critics, especially Top Critics seem to be more apprehensive of this movie compared to other recent MCU movies. Even reviews that liked the movie have commented on it having 3 third acts and depending of the audience to have seen the previous 18 movies to know what is going on.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
and depending of the audience to have seen the previous 18 movies to know what is going on.

I actually think that's fair at this point. Newbies aren't likely going to be interested in the 19th movie in a decade-running franchise, so it seems foolish to bend over backward to explain things to them and frees up more time for new storytelling if they don't.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Can you tell us without spoilers if certain films are more important to revisit than other films ahead of time?

I wouldn't say anything in particular is more important. As they already stated, Thanos is pretty much the main character in the film. Having seen the other films builds the connection to the other characters which is important to the enjoyment of the film. As long as you have that then you should be in for a great experience.

I would say it is definitely worth avoiding spoilers as there are some unexpected events.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The tracking is currently at $216M-$235M for the domestic opening weekend. It will be interesting to see where it actually comes in.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I enjoyed this movie but it seemed more like a finale to a 4th or 5th season of a TV show than a regular movie.

I doubt that all of the deaths will stick since at least one of the characters who died already have another stand alone movie announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks