What's new

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Fan art. But still cool.

I'm betting we'll see the first official promo stuff this summer.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm betting we'll see the first official promo stuff this summer.

I'm wondering if it'll be longer, just because Thor 3 isn't out yet. I feel like they might hold off on a new Avengers promo until Thor has opened. That's gonna be their next big promotional push after Spidey. In theory, any Avengers footage could spoil the end of Thor 3, so they may hold off on that until Thor 3 is out.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm wondering if it'll be longer, just because Thor 3 isn't out yet. I feel like they might hold off on a new Avengers promo until Thor has opened. That's gonna be their next big promotional push after Spidey. In theory, any Avengers footage could spoil the end of Thor 3, so they may hold off on that until Thor 3 is out.

Oh, I wouldn't expect any teaser trailers or other types of footage either. That'll likely come just before (or with) Thor in the Fall.

I mean promo art like official teaser posters and concept art. I love Marvel's concept art from Ryan Meinerding that usually starts to surface in the summer during Comic Con or D23.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That's interesting that RDJ is wearing a shirt with a hole in it for the mini-arc reactor that Tony Stark used to have to wear to prevent the shrapnel from reaching his heart. The character had the shrapnel and the reactor surgically removed at the end of the third film in what was almost a throwaway line.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
That's interesting that RDJ is wearing a shirt with a hole in it for the mini-arc reactor that Tony Stark used to have to wear to prevent the shrapnel from reaching his heart. The character had the shrapnel and the reactor surgically removed at the end of the third film in what was almost a throwaway line.

Yes, curious about what the deal is with that.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Russos announced that production has finished on Infinity War. They start shooting the second film in August.

IMG_3955.JPG

Nice pic from the set.
IMG_3945.JPG

Another pic of the Thanos statue
IMG_3946.JPG

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Only one of these is of good quality, but here are the three concept art posters for Infinity War given out at Comic Con.

Love Cap's beard!

IMG_2903.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2902.JPG

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ha! Yeah, that drawing does have a resemblance to Bruce.

Joe Russo said that as Thanos acquires the stones and becomes more powerful he feels that he no longer needs to cover himself in armor. So that is why Thanos has been more causally dressed and isn't wearing his helmet in the images that have been released.

So, the trailer for Infinity War has leaked online. It is the typical low quality phone video with parts of the image obscured by people and parts of the dialogue overshadowed by cheers of the crowd. I wasn't going to watch it for those reasons, preferring to wait a few months for the release of the official trailer (probably in October).

But I broke down and watched it. Despite the quality issues I mentioned above, I thought it was "frick'n" amazing!! Holy Shit Amazing.

Last edited:

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I am still resisting although you just made it more difficult. Hopefully they will see sense and release the trailer some time this week. I can understand that they want it to be exclusive for those people who queued up for hours, but they got to see the panel and enjoy the trailer along with other fans which must be a great experience.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's 8 different franchises represented. It's either going to be mind blowing or a monotonous collection of fight scenes.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Damn, that's a lot of characters for 1 film! Only one I don't see is Ant Man?

Yeah, it was previously stated that Evangeline Lilly wouldn't be in this as the Wasp because they wanted her first appearance as the hero to be in Ant-Man and the Wasp (which hits theaters two months after Infinity War). And it was said she'd be in the second installment.

But everyone assumed that Ant-Man would be in this one. So his absence from the poster is surprising. It doesn't necessarily mean he won't be in it, but now I'm wondering.

Maybe the nature of the story they are doing in Ant-Man and the Wasp works better with Scott not having been significantly involved in the event of IW?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Damn, that's a lot of characters for 1 film! Only one I don't see is Ant Man?

Joes Russo commented on the run time and number of characters.

The current cut is over two and a half [hours]… Most of it’s a movie you could show, but there’s still a lot of work left to be done, I still have a couple of scenes that we haven’t finished from Avengers 3 that I’m shooting in the next few months with my brother, and it’s certainly gonna be a film that lives in the two and a half hour, two and a half hour-plus range.

"We have to, I mean it’s a culmination event. We’ve gotta take 10 years of storytelling in this Marvel narrative experiment that’s been going on since Iron Man, and we have to take all these disparate tones, disparate themes, motivations, and we have to pull them together in a unified narrative and write the final chapters of the book. There’s no way you could do that with all these characters in under that running length."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks