What's new

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS ALLOWED THREAD (1 Viewer)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Imagine the "bonus footage" is simply a wheel chair rolling into frame or the camera panning over a sign that says "The Baxter Buil..." The internet would go absolutely bonkers and Disney would add another 10% (at least) to their take once word got out.

That is classic! Fantastic post! And you're right. That would absolutely set the Internet on fire! Love it! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Imagine the "bonus footage" is simply a wheel chair rolling into frame or the camera panning over a sign that says "The Baxter Buil..." The internet would go absolutely bonkers and Disney would add another 10% (at least) to their take once word got out.
Even after googling, I don’t know what this means.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They're not going to do anything with the Fantastic Four right now.

They didn't even have the rights to do anything with the Fantastic Four until March 22 when the Disney/Fox deal closed.

Given that, there is no way that F4 is in their immediate future plans. I'm sure it's in their long-range future plans, but it takes a long time to get one of these right, and they won't want to do that until they can get it right. There's no reason to rush it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I would hope they take their time. Because the F4 movie(s) I saw (it was so bad I can't recall if I saw one or both of them with Alba) were unmemorable...if I'm trying to be charitable...and pretty bad if I'm being honest.

That said, they did ultimately make The Hulk a great character, so there's hope.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
They may not have any solid plans for FF right now, but there's nothing stopping them from throwing a little generic reference to them out there in an after credits scene.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just don't think they would do that if they're not going to follow it up with a film appearance in the near future. Thanos appearing in The Avengers credits led to him being the overarching villain for the next phase, and we saw him again in Guardians of the Galaxy. I just personally doubt that any post-credits thing is going to tease something they don't have immediate plans for. We'll see.

Honestly, I doubt it's even a new narrative scene. It sounds more like a featurette or deleted scene or something you would normally find on the Blu-ray.

I guess we'll know more next week.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Anything is possible. Tossing a breadcrumb out there just to show fans that they're in control of those characters now is not out of the question IMO.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just don't think so. But I could be wrong. Like I said, we'll know more next week when it actually comes out.

I wonder what this does to the gross for Endgame this weekend. It's still playing here, and it's still in 985 theaters domestically according to Box Office Mojo. That's not incredibly wide but it's still around.

The announcement that the new footage is coming next week essentially tells anyone who might have gone to see it again this weekend to wait a week because there will be something extra next week. Granted, it probably wasn't going to make a lot this weekend anyway, but it seems like they would have been better off not announcing that until they were ready to put the footage on immediately.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It may be worth noting that while Endgame is technically still on 1000+ screens, that doesn’t necessarily mean that viewers have easy access to it.

At my closest theater, for instance, Endgame has just one showing per day, at 10pm on one of the smallest screens. So, it’s technically playing, but it’s not easily accessible to the majority of attendees. I’m sure it’s probably similar at many other theaters. Now, truth be told, it would be playing more frequently if the theater was still drawing a sizable audience. The theatrical cycle is so compressed that it’s naturally at the end of its life, so no vast conspiracy to remove access or anything. But a new round of promotions and the promise of some bonus feature is probably enough to stimulate at least some minor demand.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My theater (20 screens) still has it on its own dedicated screen with four showtimes a day, although it is one of the smaller screens. My guess is anyone seeing it now probably doesn't care that much about getting it on the largest screen in the complex, although it would be nice if the re-release brought it back to those.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
You guys are kidding about not getting that reference right?

Wheel chair. Professor X
Baxter Building is hi e to the Fantastic Four.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
How It Should Have Ended isn't done with Endgame yet. Here's another bonus video:

It's written as a joke but this actually brings up a really valid point. All six stones are in Thanos' possession on his garden planet for the three weeks between the end of Infinity War and when he destroys them.

The Avengers know that if everyone goes to get him together, they can overpower him on that planet because they did it at the beginning of this movie.

Why didn't they just use the time machine to go back to his planet before he destroyed the stones and get them there? That would have accomplished their goal without creating any alternate timelines and would also have been a whole lot easier than pulling off the elaborate time heist we did see.

Obviously the answer is "because there's no movie if they do that," but still.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Well, Thanos was in a weakened condition after atomizing the stones when the Avengers caught up to him at the beginning. What if they used their one opportunity to time travel and weren’t able to beat him when they went back to that three week period? They weren’t in the same fighting shape after five years and Thanos would have been stronger.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well, Thanos was in a weakened condition after atomizing the stones when the Avengers caught up to him at the beginning. What if they used their one opportunity to time travel and weren’t able to beat him when they went back to that three week period? They weren’t in the same fighting shape after five years and Thanos would have been stronger.

Nothing they couldn't have gotten around with a fitness montage.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's written as a joke but this actually brings up a really valid point. All six stones are in Thanos' possession on his garden planet for the three weeks between the end of Infinity War and when he destroys them.

The Avengers know that if everyone goes to get him together, they can overpower him on that planet because they did it at the beginning of this movie.

Why didn't they just use the time machine to go back to his planet before he destroyed the stones and get them there? That would have accomplished their goal without creating any alternate timelines and would also have been a whole lot easier than pulling off the elaborate time heist we did see.

Huh? So because they were able to defeat Thanos after he atomized the Infinity Stones, they should be able to defeat him with the Gauntlet and Stones in this possession? Isn't that what they tried (and failed at) in Infinity War? Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks