What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh, I'm not worried, Travis - you're one of the good ones! Hope you enjoy it! I'm probably gonna tune out on this thread now because I don't even think I want any vague impressions going in. But have a wonderful time, and I look forward to discussing with you after I've had a chance to see it!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yeah @TravisR , I'm not worried about spoilers from you either but am mostly curious how you got into an early showing. Enjoy!

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
WEEKLY UNIVERSE NEWS, April 1, 2019.

Our reporter caught up with Thanos, fresh off his victory in Infinity War. Approaching Thanos with great trepidation, our reporter asked him what came next.

Thanos replied that there were two types of people left in the Universe: Those who want to see Endgame, and those who want to be dust.

When our reporter asked Thanos to use the Time Stone to disclose Endgame spoilers, Thanos very pointedly replied "Do you want to be dust?"

This is a breaking story. We will post updates if and when our reporter ever makes another transmission.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wow! I want to see this movie, and we have tickets for an imax 3D showing on Monday in the afternoon, but please people, whisper to yourself “ITS JUST A MOVIE!”. Our paper has a news story of people paying 1000s of dollars for opening night tickets! Their whole being seems to be wrapped around seeing it first.

Do they know it is not a live performance?! People will be able to see it over and over whenever they want hopefully for ever. In fact I have already pre-ordered the 3D disc from Amazon.uk!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow! I want to see this movie, and we have tickets for an imax 3D showing on Monday in the afternoon, but please people, whisper to yourself “ITS JUST A MOVIE!”. Our paper has a news story of people paying 1000s of dollars for opening night tickets! Their whole being seems to be wrapped around seeing it first.

Agreed, it's "just" a movie. I say the same thing about all the sportsballs...it's just a game. Adults being paid to throw or hit a ball. Big freaking deal.

But everyone has their own thing. If an Endgame ticket is worth $1,000 to you, go for it. If you can buy season tickets to football, go for it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If an Endgame ticket is worth $1,000 to you, go for it. If you can buy season tickets to football, go for it.
Eh, in case of spending $1,000 for a regular movie ticket, I'd say wait to see it until 11 or 12 tonight or tomorrow or Saturday for $10 and give the $990 "savings" to charity. That being said, no one is actually spending that much money, there's just eBay auctions for $1,000 that no one is bidding on.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Eh, in case of spending $1,000 for a regular movie ticket, I'd say wait to see it until 11 or 12 tonight or tomorrow or Saturday for $10 and give the $990 "savings" to charity. That being said, no one is actually spending that much money, there's just eBay auctions for $1,000 that no one is bidding on.

All true. Different things are of different value to different people. My ex prioritized smoking and shopping over our relationship...which is why he is the ex and not my husband. I wouldn't pay $1 for a sportsball ticket, but I did just pay $75 to see Bryan Adams in concert later this year. Different strokes for different folks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, earlier today, I was able to pick up my 3-D glasses for tonight's showing so I can bypass the ticket line as well as concessions because I'm not eating nor drinking anything at this 10:00 p.m. showing for a 3 hour movie.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
And just got tix for two more showings: one Sunday morning (Real D 3D) and one for Monday night (IMAX). Bless AMC A List this weekend...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And just got tix for two more showings: one Sunday morning (Real D 3D) and one for Monday night (IMAX). Bless AMC A List this weekend...
Same here, I'm seeing it four times between now and Saturday afternoon. Twice in 3-D, twice in IMAX and once in Dolby Cinema.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
upload_2019-4-25_16-41-3.png

Oddly, at one of the theaters in this region, 6:00 and 6:03 tonight are sold out, but you can still get tix for 6:01 and 6:02. :blink: I suppose it might make a difference in which room the film is playing, but I don't think you can tell from their web site. People would have to call or show up in-person to find out.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does anyone mind if I create a spoilers thread for this movie?

I know we don't normally have two threads, but I did it last year and it was very helpful to have a separate dedicated thread for spoilers for Infinity War. I'm assuming Endgame will be the same in terms of the amount of discussion it will generate.

I'm seeing it in a few hours but think it would be wise to set it up now so that people could start commenting in it, since I won't be the first out of the movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last edited:

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
You are making me jealous, probably looking like late next week before I can see it again.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Edit: I tried to start a new spoilers thread using the thread-creation tool we currently have with the posters, but when I did that, the system automatically put the post in the existing thread. So that is what this post is.

I've now created a new thread dedicated as the spoilers thread, without the poster attached to it.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/avengers-endgame-spoilers-thread.361784/

Good thinking, Jake! I'll join you there at some point late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Going to see this at 7pm MDT with my wife. Can't wait!

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Everyone enjoy! I’m out of the thread(s) until after my showing, which is at 9 am tomorrow. Looking forward to it immensely, as I know you are. I’ll be interested to read your thoughts when we reconvene tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks