What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Guys and girls I've read two supposedly spoiler-free critic reviews and already roughly know the basic plot and what they have to do, what I don't know mercifully is who doesn't make it to the final credits. So thats it for reviews. Must avoid!

Three hours? I wonder, will there be an intermission or doesn't that happen anymore?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
But but Josh, what if I have to go half way thru this epic, and miss a crucial scene? Tough titty? Wear an adult diaper? :laugh:

It's the struggle, man :D

When all is said and done, the actual movie running time is probably closer to 2 hours and 45 minutes. Infinity War was 2 hours and 20 minutes not including the end credits, so it's not as if Endgame is that much longer.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
If anyone needs help lowering expectations, here's a little part of A.O. Scott's review of Endgame in the NY Times:

"....“Endgame” is a monument to adequacy, a fitting capstone to an enterprise that figured out how to be good enough for enough people enough of the time. Not that it’s really over, of course: Disney and Marvel are still working out new wrinkles in the time-money continuum...."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/movies/avengers-endgame-review.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I'm looking forward to this one in IMAX 3D on Saturday, but since I'm not really a big fan of these movies this might be how I end up feeling about it.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone wary of spoilers should not read Variety's review. It says it contains "minor spoilers," but that's in the eye of the beholder.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Guess there are advantages to living in China!!
No Spoilers I’ll wait till later but enjoyed it, though I still think Civil War is my favourite of the MCU. That said I’m not as invested in the series as some and I think it will largely be very satisfying for those who are. I think I slightly prefer Infinity War as well.

7.5 out of 10 for me but I’ll be interested to see how it plays for people who are really into the series.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not sure if I believe this but right now people are saying that Endgame
has no after-credit scenes, nothing mid-way or at the very end.

But the review embargo lifts in an hour, so we will know then.
I saw it confirmed that there are no mid or post credit scenes.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Today I watched Infinity for the first time. To be ready for tomorrow noon when I will be in the theatre for Endgame.
I‘m really excited! :dancing-banana-04:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks