What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
There it is in writing in the official synopsis that Disney has released. Their goal is to undo Thanos' actions, which will result in the resurrection of the "dead" heroes since their death will never have happened. If Disney has released this information as part of the synopsis, I'm not sure how it can be considered a spoiler to talk about the existence of future sequels for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange and Black Panther and so on. The path forward for Endgame is clear. The suspense is in how they will accomplish this goal.

Well, just because Disney says the Avengers will assemble to undo Thanos' actions (of COURSE they will), that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be successful in doing so.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not sure how this would be possible. Since Peggy Carter died a natural death in Civil War, two years before the snap, how would he be able to live with her without also dying? Also, even if your theory is correct, then he would have to answer to Peggy for kissing her niece.

I was thinking that Cap maybe gets thrown into the Soul Stone (or something) and lives the life he wanted, at least in his mind, like Capt. Pike did in The Menagerie (Star Trek TOS's two-parter). He could reunite with Peggy after the war and have that dance. No, it wouldn't be the real Peggy.
And hey, Sharon kissed him!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't have the Star Trek reference since I don't watch that show, but that to me would be really disappointing. I would rather he die with dignity and honor than think about him living a simulation of a fake life for the rest of time. Personally.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I was spared by Thanos!:)
http://www.didthanoskill.me/

I think the rise of the multiplex signaled the end of intermissions. With the old single-screen movie palaces, the lobby and concession stand were after the ticket ripper. You could have the theater empty out and refill, and management could be confident that everybody in the lobby had paid to see that motion picture.

When you've got 10 to 20 screens, it would be almost impossible for management to keep track of everybody coming and going in the middle of a dozen or more mores playing simultaneously.
This certainly makes sense. I hadn’t thought of that. How about midway a sign comes up and says “Pee Break”.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that Cap maybe gets thrown into the Soul Stone (or something) and lives the life he wanted, at least in his mind, like Capt. Pike did in The Menagerie (Star Trek TOS's two-parter). He could reunite with Peggy after the war and have that dance. No, it wouldn't be the real Peggy.
And hey, Sharon kissed him!
I think it's more likely that:
Since time travel is involved, and they will presumably retrieve the Time Stone at some point, Steve geos back in time and has that dance with Peggy for real. Perhaps as one last gift for himself before he's called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice in the present.
This certainly makes sense. I hadn’t thought of that. How about midway a sign comes up and says “Pee Break”.
The most effective Intermission I've experienced was when they brought My Fair Lady back to theaters for a brief time to show off RAH's latest restoration. It had an analog clock counting down on the right so you knew exactly how much time you had until the movie started up again.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
t'll be three hours which includes a 15 minute credit roll, so that the actual story content will be 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours.

Yes, but the audience can't leave while the credits are on because most people are hardwired to expect credits tags on Marvel movies. I know people who sat through The Return of the King and then ran to the bathroom as soon as the credits started, but they won't be able to do that here unless they want to miss something. Let's assume for sake of argument that the first credits tag appears after the individual actor's names and before the rest of the credits. After that appears, would there be enough time for someone to go to the bathroom and come back before the second tag at the very end of the credits? I would not assume so. I think most people will want to stay through all of the credits for fear of missing a tag otherwise. I fully expect that there will be a Spider-Man-related tag at the very end to help cue up Far From Home.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As much as I might like an intermission, I do not believe it will happen. If the LOTR and Hobbit movies were shown without breaks, Avengers will be too.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
First official look at the new costumes:

avengers-endgame-costumes.png

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I dig Captain America's costume. If this is really Chris Evans's last time in the role, I'm glad they finally found a way to work the scale mail into the costume, but I wish it was actually layered material instead of just an embossed pattern. Strangely, the new uniform reminds me most closely of the recent comics run where Captain America was a covert agent of Hydra.

Black Widow's costume looks like a Hank Pym design rather than a Tony Stark or S.H.I.E.L.D. design. The abdomen area, in particular, is very reminiscent of the Wasp costume. The red hair (auburn red like it was in Iron Man 2, not the lighter shades we've seen since) is arranged in a ponytail that ends with the white blonde hair color from Infinity War. If hair grows about a centimeter a month, we're looking at probably a two and a half to three year time jump.

Iron Man is Iron Man. He's had countless variations of armor, and all of the ones since Iron Man 3 have kind of blurred together for me.

Thor has a hood, but otherwise doesn't look much different than Infinity War.

Hawkeye is looking as generic as ever.

Not sure how I feel about the Hulk with a full body uniform. It probably makes him easier to animate, but the naked-except-for-shorts look is pretty iconic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sure I guess.
I just don’t know what the discussion of hair cuts is.
Feels like bottom of the barrel, nothing left to talk about.

Maybe that’s what we need to do.

Is Black Widow going to be blonde again?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
What shape is the light thing going to be on Iron Man’s chest? I’d like to see them tackle the octagon look.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Everyone knows we’re discussing a bunch of fictional characters from comic books that never really existed don’t they? Starting with that knowledge, is anything about them anything BUT trivial?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
There won’t be an intermission.

The Russo’s said that they're still working on the movie, and Joe said that they "joke about [an intermission] in the edit room.”

"We've screened the movie four times for audiences now," Anthony added. "For the first three screenings, not a single person got up to go to the bathroom."

"We took that as a good sign," Joe concluded with a laugh.

So the concept has been brought up in jest, but with the word even being uttered someone started spreading the rumor that is was actually being considered.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I really and truly think that, in 2019, and intermission would be far more harmful than helpful to the audience enjoyment of the film.

I, for one, don’t want to be interrupted once it starts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really and truly think that, in 2019, and intermission would be far more harmful than helpful to the audience enjoyment of the film.

I wholeheartedly agree. Fortunately, corporate greed comes to the rescue in this situation. An intermission means either fewer screenings a day or more money spent on man hours at theaters since it means they would have to stay open longer to compensate for intermission time. Either way, it means less money for theaters and that guarantees that theaters won't allow an intermission.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Just to be devils advocate on this (I don't care for intermissions myself), I could easily see the theatres being in favour of it for the sake of snack sales during intermission. Especially if they go all out to have a few people with some carts full of snacks strategically placed so that people don't have to wait in line very long.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

I’ll bet your bladder isn’t over 70 years-old. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks