What's new

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Sam Favate said:
Has Marvel changed the title of the 2012 film to Avengers Assemble? I've seen it a few times now, including the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer today.
It was called Avengers Assemble in the UK to avoid confusion with British The Avengers (entertaining television series that ran from 1961 to 1969.)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Neil Middlemiss said:
It was called Avengers Assemble in the UK to avoid confusion with British The Avengers (entertaining television series that ran from 1961 to 1969.)
That's because they assumed wrongly that we are all too stupid to distinguish between The Hulk and Steed, i imported the USA version to get it uncut and to get the original title.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
EW cover!
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Marvel has been for leaking out some cool info this week, but I expect some really cool info in the next few day over comic con. They've started releasing character posters that make one big mural, and these are looking really cool.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Some cool looking images. I just hope they can make the bad guys of interest to the audience. It seems so often lately that movies will have colourful protagonists but lack-luster antagonists. I am thinking of "The Avengers" and the hoards of aliens that the audience knew nothing about. It is hard to get excited over the heroes beating up a bunch of nameless aliens, or in the case of this sequel, robots.
Somehow, it seemed to work when the heroes of "Star Wars episode IV" beat up the stormtroopers...but failed completely when they beat up battle droids ....not sure why.

In any case, I am really looking forward to this and hope they give us an enemy worthy of the Avengers attention.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Scott McGillivray said:
Some cool looking images. I just hope they can make the bad guys of interest to the audience. It seems so often lately that movies will have colourful protagonists but lack-luster antagonists. I am thinking of "The Avengers" and the hoards of aliens that the audience knew nothing about. It is hard to get excited over the heroes beating up a bunch of nameless aliens, or in the case of this sequel, robots.
In this case, Ultron picks up the slack as one of the more memorable baddies of the Avengers-verse--
Think if Skynet got nasty and wanted a supervillain outfit. :cool:

(Every time there was some crappy non-Cameron Terminator sequel, the fans kept saying "Who cares, at least we're closer to getting the war with the cool robots shooting each other!" Well, now ya got 'em, and with Captain America and the Hulk, too.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hope that artwork means they're keeping the helmet from Winter Soldier. It was the first time they've gotten it right in live action. Cap's helmet in the first Avengers was terrible.

I think they did a good job with the Scarlet Witch costume, too. It walks the line of a normal outfit that a twentysomething young woman would wear while also bringing the color palette you expect for the character.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I hope that Whedon manages to do a better job with the antagonists this time around too. In The Avengers we had a colorful bad guy in Loki, with a rather banal army of non-descript aliens at his disposal. The artwork on display here is very reminiscent of that same theme to me - one central baddie in the form of Ultron, surrounded by an army of mindless, throw-away minions. I hope that's not the case.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Adam Lenhardt said:
Hope that artwork means they're keeping the helmet from Winter Soldier. It was the first time they've gotten it right in live action. Cap's helmet in the first Avengers was terrible. I think they did a good job with the Scarlet Witch costume, too. It walks the line of a normal outfit that a twentysomething young woman would wear while also bringing the color palette you expect for the character.
Adam, they are using the uniform and helmet from The Winter Soldier with minor mods and re-colored to the more traditional colors.
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As for villains they'll have to face, it looks like they'll be going up against at least the following to various degrees:Baron Von StruckerScarlet WitchQuicksilverUltron's legionVisionUltron PrimeOf course, I'd expect the twins and Vision to change allegiance by the end of the film, and I also suspect that Von Strucker will be a relatively minor role. But they'll still likely have adversaries other than Ultron.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Two more added and now only Thor and the Hulk are left for tomorrow. And our first glimpse of Vision!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Tim Glover said:
Pardon my ignorance but who's the woman in the middle with hands out?
Wanda Maximov, the Scarlet Witch. Her twin brother Pietro is Quicksilver. We last saw them in the midcredit scene of The Winter Soldier.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Sean Bryan said:
Wanda Maximov, the Scarlet Witch. Her twin brother Pietro is Quicksilver. We last saw them in the midcredit scene of The Winter Soldier.
In the comics, Wanda has the mutant power of "altered probability", which often gets mistaken for "magic". (Ie., if you fired a machine gun straight at her, what are the chances that every single bullet would miss? In her case, 100%.)

But since Fox is watching Disney/Marvel very carefully for any violation of X-Men/Avengers treaty regarding the word "mutant" (there'll likely be no mention that they're Magneto's two estranged children), her cameo in CA2 seems to have downgraded it to "Telekinesis", as a quick Jean Gray replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks