What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, this is all a bit silly.

Marvel always seems to have things really together, but they've really blown it this time. Mind you, it is a pretty monumental task to try and keep that vibe of "omg so many of our heroes are dead" going for a year. But this is what they signed up for.

I agree with Jake. Pushing these closer together would have solved a lot of these problems. When I saw the spidey clip on Kimmel, *and* they even had dialogue where Jimmy asks "how is this possible, you're supposed to be dead?" kinda thing, that fell flat too.

I even feel silly making the argument because yes, we all knew that Avengers 4 was going to be all about undoing Infinity War damage.

So I am guessing now the whole endgame is not really who comes back to life (we kinda already know) but rather who stays dead or who is not dead now that will be?

It feels like that strange kind of manipulation that when someone does something totally shocking that you can't believe, then when you finally believe it they laugh at you and think you're a fool for having taken them seriously at all in the first place.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We know that Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and the Guardians will come back to life because they all have future films in various stages of development, and they were always going to have more films whether they died or not.

We also know that several of the original Avengers, including at minimum Downy, Hemsworth and Evans, have their current contracts expiring with this film.

We've talked about this before, but I think it's very clear that Marvel left the original Avengers alive so that it will be a "getting the band back together for one last mission" type thing, where the originals (plus Rocket, Nebula, and Captain Marvel) will have to figure out how to bring the others back. I strongly suspect that it will be a trade scenario, in which the living Avengers who don't want to renew their contracts will sacrifice themselves in exchange for the currently dead ones to come back to life (Tony for Peter Parker, Steve for Bucky, etc.) The "We don't trade lives" line from Infinity War is too loaded not to come back around.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Yeah, I'm sort of looking forward to Avengers 4 and I'm sure I'll like it when it finally get here, but the ending of Infinity War had men rolling my eyes at it's attempt at manipulation. And a year wait is far too long for such a weak attempt at cliffhangering. I seriously have close to zero anticipation at this point, which I'm sure will ramp up slightly when we get closer, perhaps the final week before it's release.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Sure Disney has let it be known we are getting a few movies after the next Avengers but no announcements for Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and many others. While it may seem things will go back to normal with the snap of fingers, it's possible not everyone is going to make it back after the resurrection. Ooo, that might be a cool title, Avengers: Resurrection.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Sure Disney has let it be known we are getting a few movies after the next Avengers but no announcements for Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and many others.

Downy and Evans are at the end of their contracts and have both already had trilogies in their name. I'm not sure about Ruffalo, but we know that rights issues with Universal prevent him from having a solo film as the Hulk.

That being said, Resurrection actually makes sense as the title. It would be a straightforward way for Marvel to acknowledge that the point of the movie is to bring back the dead characters, and it would also explain Feige's comments about the subtitle of 4 being a spoiler for Infinity War had they released it before. Resurrection implies death at the end of the previous movie. So, you might be onto something there.

Last edited:

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I strongly suspect that it will be a trade scenario, in which the living Avengers who don't want to renew their contracts will sacrifice themselves in exchange for the currently dead ones to come back to life (Tony for Peter Parker, Steve for Bucky, etc.) The "We don't trade lives" line from Infinity War is too loaded not to come back around.

That covers a dozen or so of the "dusted". Who do the living trade for the other trillions upon trillions of victims?

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Avengers 4': Gwyneth Paltrow Revealed in Rescue Armor

Gotta admit, I'm super pumped to see this!

With how many superheros were killed off as a result of the snap [and considering the time jump we're expecting to see in Avengers 4], I wondered if the Russo Brothers would give Gwyneth Paltrow a chance to play her comic-book alter-ego!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks