What's new

Avegant Personal 3D Retinal Display Headset $499. (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Avegant Glyph: The First Mass-market VRD HMD
….Glyph will begin on January 22nd with pricing staring at $499.
Transforms from a pair of headphones to a head mounted display in seconds with a smart convertible design……..

……Glyph to be “source agnostic;” able to connect to a wide swath of modern devices like game consoles, smartphones, and computers.

……..45º field of view…supporting existing games and media out of the box.
What is a Virtual Retinal Display?
A Virtual Retinal Display uses a micromirror array and a combination of optics to reflect an image directly onto your retina, effectively using the back of your eyeball as a screen. The resulting picture is extremely sharp and vivid, unlike anything a conventional display can
produce. In particular, the 3D images are exceptionally clear.
Won't need to use your prescription glasses
You’ll be able to adjust the diopters in the Glyph to accommodate a wide variety of prescriptions and pupillary distances. In short: you won’t need your glasses.
Full FAQ

Site address: Avegant Glyph Renderings

Sources:
CES 2014: New Avegant Glyph Infographics Emerge

Avegant Reveals Glyph: Transforming HMD With Virtual Retinal Display, Kickstarter Starts at $499

CES 2014: Avegant Glyph Prototype Hands On

Avegant-Glyph-White.jpg

Avegant-Best-Seat-in-the-House-Infographic.png

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
DaveF said:
What's the screen resolution?
One article states:
"The first thing to note is the pixel structure – there barely is one." "Reflecting light into a user's eye" "separation of pixels are almost eliminated, the perceived resolution is actually much higher and more realistic. "The current prototype utilises 2 x 720 displays (one for each eye) but my perception of the image would have put it far beyond. The image sparkles as a result."
Also this: article
The image quality was also extremely impressive. The videos I saw looked to be at least 1080p to my eyes, but Avegant told me that they were only 720p, and while the Avegant HMD technically doesn’t have pixels, the micro-mirror array (and thus ‘resolution’) is 1280×800. Perhaps it’s the 100% fill factor, or the more natural light—whatever the case—I’m now a believer that there is more to a display’s quality than resolution. Avegant is definitely on to something special here.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLSGZV5bEazHP-RG9lRgSgwOfgVaMh8eJM&v=Mqpiiajav14

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
FYI: The Kickstarter Live campaign reached their $250,000.00 pledge goals in less than half a day and there are 29 more days to go.
icon_cool.gif
500 $499.00 Glyph special Kickstarter custom editions are all gone (sold out) with only the consumer's version still available - the Avegant Glyph Beta, in black, white & blue colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks