What's new

Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't know if it's good to re-release the original Avatar in the theaters. Because to the average guy it will look the same and better to make them watch the new one.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Does anyone recall how long they were in space travelling from Earth to Pandora in the original Avatar? I went to answer that question myself by pulling up Avatar on Disney Plus, and it's been pulled.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Does anyone recall how long they were in space travelling from Earth to Pandora in the original Avatar? I went to answer that question myself by pulling up Avatar on Disney Plus, and it's been pulled.
“ People, you have been in cryo for five years, nine months and twenty two days….”

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Cameron clashed with the studio, get out of here!!! What’s the price tag on all of this series of movies so far, close to a billion I’m guessing. I know you don’t bet against Cameron, but no one really knows how much desire is out there for these sequels. I don’t think the first one really held up that well in the long term in terms of cultural impact.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney is probably delighted to inherit this franchise. More than any other original property Fox controlled, it fits easily into their mega-blockbuster strategy. I doubt they're arguing too much with Cameron.

Furthermore, the "Titanic paid for that" comment in the tweet Alex posted wouldn't make any sense if he was talking about Disney executives. Disney did not have any financial interest in Titanic whatsoever until they acquired Fox.

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Disney is probably delighted to inherit this franchise. More than any other original property Fox controlled, it fits easily into their mega-blockbuster strategy. I doubt they're arguing too much with Cameron.

Furthermore, the "Titanic paid for that" comment in the tweet Alex posted wouldn't make any sense if he was talking about Disney executives. Disney did not have any financial interest in Titanic whatsoever until they acquired Fox.

Yeah does sound like wrong context

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Showtimes at my local theater for the Avatar re-release have it showing in 3D all but once a day. The premium screen is all 3D all the time, and most of the non-premium screenings are also 3D. One single 2D screening per day being thrown as a bone in one of the smaller auditoriums in the building. On the one hand, this is not particularly surprising because I know that 3D is James Cameron's preferred format. I also know that audiences heavily embraced 3D on this the first time. So I get it.

But Avatar was actually the movie that taught me that I can't handle 3D movies. I went in, put on the glasses and didn't see a difference. Everything just looked overly dark and I got a headache. I appreciate that this is how Cameron likes it, and that's fine. I'm happy for everyone else who enjoys it that way. But it is not for me.

This all makes me wonder how screenings will be distributed for Way of Water. I hope they give those of us who prefer 2D some options too.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My local AMC has two premium 2D showings per day.

1663835598409.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks