What's new

Avalon R3 Korean (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Anyone seen this yet? I'm curious how the it stacks up against the Japanese R2 version. Is the DTS track and extras the same? It looks like the R3 has a few more minutes of extras. Are they sub'd in english?

Thanks

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I've got the french Collector's edition 2DVD with the CD soundtrack. But it's only useful if u understand french.
HTH
BTW it loses the DTS track unfortunately, but is less expensive than the Japanese R2

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Its kind of a cross between the matrix (in spirit not action) and 1984. Loved the dark run down look of real life and the clean look of inside the game. I thought they should have used a different color to portray the game instead of the one they did. I was really let down by the end. Maybe I didn't understand it, maybe it was an opening for a sequel. DTS should make a big difference. There are only a couple of action scenes and the rest is very quiet.

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the HK version from DDDHouse, and I think I should have it today. I'll let you all know how good it is quality-wise...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think he wanted to know how the DVD was, not how the movie was :)
The HK version is non-anamorphic, and has a horrible subtitle font. (But it is R0 and $10 :) )

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Jeff,

Is the packaging in error on the HK version? I have it and the packaging says it's Region 3. I no longer have a R1 player to check the region coding on this disc.

Jeff

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
Ah crap. I just got the disc.

It's indeed non-anamorphic, and even though the packaging says region 3, it's not.

Also, the letterboxing seems to be pushed up on the screen a bit, giving more room for subs. Thus, those who try to zoom non-anamorphic discs are out of luck.

And yes Jeff (Klest), I realized he wanted to know about the Korean DVD, but the HK version wasn't mentioned. I was going to add my opinion of the disc, but it doesn't seem necessary now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.