Avalon in region 1 on Dec 9th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ivar_L, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Ivar_L

Ivar_L Auditioning

Haven't seen it posted in any DVD web-pages...

Neil Gaiman writes in his Journal (can't post the url here):

"Friday, September 12, 2003
    [...]
    I got an e-mail yesterday letting me know that Avalon will be released by Miramax on Dec 9th. I don't think that any of the work I did on it has made it into what they'll bring out, mostly because the work that I did was extra stuff for the subtitled Polish version, and in the end they wound up doing an English dub instead. I think you can safely assume that the original Polish subtitled version will be on the DVD as well.

Avalon is a remarkable film -- it looks astonishing, is haunting, deep, frustrating and magical in equal measure, like an art-film version of the Matrix, or a middle-European Philip K Dick structure created by a Japanese director more to unsettle you then to excite you. In a grey, futuristic world, people enter a consensual reality run by computers to play illegal war-games, and the finest player is a woman called Ash. There are hidden levels to the game, and to reality. It doesn't look like anything else: it's like an SF tone poem, or a mood, as much as it is a story."

2. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Second Unit

Yse finally! I am wondering if we will get the dts track as well, on this version.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I have the Region 0 version.
    Very beautiful and strange film....