What's new

Avalon in region 1 on Dec 9th (1 Viewer)

Ivar_L

Auditioning
Haven't seen it posted in any DVD web-pages...

Neil Gaiman writes in his Journal (can't post the url here):

"Friday, September 12, 2003
[...]
I got an e-mail yesterday letting me know that Avalon will be released by Miramax on Dec 9th. I don't think that any of the work I did on it has made it into what they'll bring out, mostly because the work that I did was extra stuff for the subtitled Polish version, and in the end they wound up doing an English dub instead. I think you can safely assume that the original Polish subtitled version will be on the DVD as well.

Avalon is a remarkable film -- it looks astonishing, is haunting, deep, frustrating and magical in equal measure, like an art-film version of the Matrix, or a middle-European Philip K Dick structure created by a Japanese director more to unsettle you then to excite you. In a grey, futuristic world, people enter a consensual reality run by computers to play illegal war-games, and the finest player is a woman called Ash. There are hidden levels to the game, and to reality. It doesn't look like anything else: it's like an SF tone poem, or a mood, as much as it is a story."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks