1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Avalanche or Tumult 15?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark--M, May 5, 2005.

1. Mark--M

Mark--M Stunt Coordinator

I had my mind made up on getting a Tumult with the Avalanche as a close second choice. Now that the Avalanche is even cheaper i'm finding it too good a deal to pass up. Plus the cost of an amplifier will be much cheaper.

Would I be making the right decision to give up on the Tumult and buy the Avalanche? How much performance will I be loosing?

Please help me make my decision, I have been going through an enormous amount of stress ever since the closeout sale started. Cant stop thinking about it, and I cant decide what I want. And worst of all I have a deadline since the avalanches are not going to last forever. Oh yeah, it will be used 75% hometheater and it will be a ported enclosure. Any pros and cons of each or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Mark

2. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

Tumult's are too expensive, and power hungry. Get the Avalanche, especially now. HURRY, GO!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Under the circumstances. You should get two Avalanche 15's. And you should act quickly.

4. Mark--M

Mark--M Stunt Coordinator

So nobody here thinks this is a mistake? Looks like i'll be ordering the avalanche later today. [​IMG]

5. Brian-K-Owens

Brian-K-Owens Stunt Coordinator

I have four Avalanche 15's in my house. . Awesome subs!!!

They replaced Tumults, and IMO are a better choice on a 1000 watt plate amp. If you are going to run 2000 watts per driver, better wait on the Tumult. . .

Brian

6. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

a few of the good things about the avalanch is you dont need 2000 wats to drive them. they have a great price point. the 6/7 mm is not worth the added cost imo.

there are alot of good subs out there i am just glad sence the more out there the better the price will be for us. and you can chose the performance and price you like. i like bang for buck but i want quality.