Availability of Paper from Harman on Speakers & Listening

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chu Gai, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I have an article, presented by Sean Olive of Harman, titled "Differences in Performance and Preference of Trained Versus Untrained Listeners". It was presented at the 114th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2003 March 22–25; revised 2003 June 19. The purpose, as Olive stated, was To what extent do the loudspeaker preferences of a group of untrained listeners, measured under identical listening conditions, agree with those of an expert panel of trained listeners? The paper is a little technical and does get into rudimentary statistics but I don't think it's all that difficult a read. If anyone's interested in the paper, please PM me (don't friggin email me, I don't check it all that often) with an email address. The paper is a 20 page PDF about 0.3 meg in size.

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Seven of you, you know who you are, have been sent the paper. If you haven't received it, let me know. No, it's not a gratuitous bump.

3. Victor Ferguson

Victor Ferguson Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the paper Chu. I appreciate it.

4. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Supporting Actor

Mark Seaton
    Chu- Is this not listed in the white papers on the main Harmon site? Do note that AES generally charges for copies of papers. Not a whole lot, but they do get fussy if you post it up on a website.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

True. I'm not posting it on a website though. What's the link over at Harmon Mark?

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Good paper. Thanks Chu!

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter